hf1

I really really dont want to use sposies at all.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: I really really dont want to use sposies at all.

Postby e586 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:25 am

I'm going for teenyfit or lil joey (like the poppered cord bit on these) for first nappy. I should have my teenyfits by the time you go in for your section so would always be happy to lend you one for the first nappy if you can't get one by then! :)

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:42 am

when date wise are you in for your c-section? Ive got 10 teeny fits, and Im thinkging that if you wanted to borrow 5 of them while you are in hospital and can post them back to me for when my bubs arrive you are more than welcome to.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:35 am

Thank you both very much for the offer...my section will be the week of the 7th Feb at the latest which is 39 weeks ...I havnt made it to 39 weeks yet so it could be earlier...

If any of my stuff sells then i will buy some but if not then i might come back to you :) Thanks!!

ETA i just emailed bargain bots to see if they would be listing anymore on ebay, but im dubious even if they do as i didnt like the brights easyfits at all, we got sonctant leaks...im thinking i might be better spending my pennies on new ones :-?

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:49 am

The good thing about them is they should have good resale value once you are done with them :) Its a shame you didnt get on with the brights (speciaally after buying so many!) we love ours!

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:39 am

megansmummy wrote:Thank you both very much for the offer...my section will be the week of the 7th Feb at the latest which is 39 weeks ...I havnt made it to 39 weeks yet so it could be earlier...

If any of my stuff sells then i will buy some but if not then i might come back to you :) Thanks!!

ETA i just emailed bargain bots to see if they would be listing anymore on ebay, but im dubious even if they do as i didnt like the brights easyfits at all, we got sonctant leaks...im thinking i might be better spending my pennies on new ones :-?

No probs. Im due 20th feb, so as long as i dont pop early the timing should be right, and If i keep 5 incase i do pop early we should both be covered. Just let me know :hug:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:45 am

Teenyfits sound good - I have some coming from Annika, and I have a while to go after you are due, so again, if you wanted to borrow them for those early days, then you are more than welcome.

Actually, not sure Annika has posted them yet - so if she hasnt then I can always ask her to post them direct to you first and then when you have finished with them you could post them on to me?

My avatar
kt022010
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kt022010 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:46 am

Our new baby's first nappy will most probably be a smart nappy in case someone other than me or dh has to put it on. We got 5 covers and 10 inserts as part of a swap, so will use those for the first day as we aren't worried about those getting stained.

After that- it will be ME sandys, tots bots cotton, prefolds, terries and some other home made fitteds all with ME wraps until he/she moves enough for wool.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:54 pm

I'm taking newborn Smart Nappies into hospital, but need to check whether they have a no-cloth policy first :-?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:58 pm

Frances wrote:I'm taking newborn Smart Nappies into hospital, but need to check whether they have a no-cloth policy first :-?

Frances are the smart nappies like a prefold/cover type set up??

I think i have decided on teenyfits for ease for the staff...I will be taking my XS fitteds too for me to use once im up and about...i just dont want to be stressing about changing her nappy and being unable to do so...oh how i hate that feel of complete uselessness :roll: I have bagged one teenfit (flowerpower print!!! :wine: ) so that will be 'bumps' first nappy...of a very kind someone that pm'd me on here and bargain bots emailed me back to say they will be stocking white ones only over the weekend so im thinking i might get some of those...or do I? :-? :x why cant i just make a decision!

I wasnt planning on asking about a cloth policy...am worried it will give them the chance to say no...but i might ask my community midwife as she doesnt really have anything to do with the hospital...

Sadie thank you very much thats really kind, will keep you in mind incase i dont get anymore!! :hug:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat