hf1

Close to giving up :( *updated*

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Close to giving up :( *updated*

Postby tanya » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:12 am

Every single one of Jake's nappies yesterday leaked, prompting a change of clothes each time :( The worst was his night nappy - him, his clothes, his gro-bag and his cot were utterly soaked :(

I honestly don't know what to try now. Everything I have tried hasn't worked for one reason or another. Except the sposies we use when at my parents. We've not had a single leak from them. But I don't want to go with full-time sposie use.

We currently use Easyfits & Bambooties in the day and Magic-Alls or Easyfits well stuffed at night.
Last edited by tanya on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Close to giving up :(

Postby Bluebell » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:19 am

Goodness, we find Easyfits can last for ages! DDs nappies all leaked on Sunday but we had no problems yesterday... I think OH just wasn't putting them on right (he usually does them at the weekends :wink: )! Sorry, I'm no help, not sure what to suggest :hug:

ETA Typical, after posting this earlier today we had our first Easyfit leak this afternoon! :cry: How annoying! It hadn't even been on for that long and this time I can't blame OH.
Last edited by Bluebell on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:21 am

Have you not tried fitteds? I find Kellan generally leaks from most pockets now if he's not changed very regularly but I've not had a leak from fitteds with either a wrap, wool soaker or fleece soaker over the top before trousers, and they last a good three hours boosted. Hope you can find something soon :hug:

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:22 am

No advise just a :hug: :hug:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:30 am

Are they leaking or saturated Tanya?

If they are leaking, and have worked before, then Jake is maybe going through a growth spurt, and changing shape so the nappies arent fitting great just now. I suppose these are all pockets/AIO's too so there is no way of nippa'ing them to get them a better fit too - have kept any of your fitteds and could give them a try instead for a little while? Im not sure if the nappies you have can be boosted, or if you are already boosting them, then maybe play around with that?

If they are saturated, then Jake could be a heavy wetter like Bella was :? Have you kept any of her heavy wetter nappies, or is there any way of boosting the ones that you have in his wet zone?

I remember how frustrating it was when suddenly Evies nappies, that had worked perfectly, just stopped working when she was growing and stretching :hug: I found the serged nappies, especially EH Bumhuggers, were brilliant, especially when Evie was peeing loads.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:30 am

How annoying! :-?

Are the print easyfits or the brights? Kieren isnt that much of a heavy wetter at all but we couldnt get those to go past 2 hours even boosted with an ep hemp, they just leaked all the time :roll:

I would echo what Lisa said...what about fitteds? and wool?

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:31 am

tanya2007 wrote:Every single one of Jake's nappies yesterday leaked, prompting a change of clothes each time :( The worst was his night nappy - him, his clothes, his gro-bag and his cot were utterly soaked :(

I honestly don't know what to try now. Everything I have tried hasn't worked for one reason or another. Except the sposies we use when at my parents. We've not had a single leak from them. But I don't want to go with full-time sposie use.

We currently use Easyfits & Bambooties in the day and Magic-Alls or Easyfits well stuffed at night.

What are you stuffing the easyfits with..? I have to use the mini booster & a Holdens Landing insert (or similar) & then they'll last for 3-4hrs...

Massive :hug: , after how heavy a wetter Bella was, you deserved a bub that could use anything.... :-?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:35 am

Could they need stripping? :hug:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:49 am

Caroline wrote:Could they need stripping? :hug:

Even the brand new ones are leaking :( Will add some boosting to them today and see if they work any better. Gonna sell my Magic-Alls as they don't work no matter what I stuff with.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat