hf1

Close to giving up :( *updated*

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Close to giving up :(

Postby choccylisa » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:31 am

Have to admit I never had a leak from the terries I used for the first year with Kellan and the Motherease wraps :giggle:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:46 am

Well, I have added a LL bamboo booster and an EH hemp booster to the one he's wearing now. I've also moved it up to the middle rise setting, so will see if that works any better.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:53 pm

I boost my easyfits with an EP hemp and an EP bamboo or 2 EP bamboos to get them to last 3 hours. What about trying a bumgenius:? I stuff ours with an PD bamboo and 2 EP hemp which works well. I know you didn't find fitteds worked very well but if Jake is changing shape I guess it may be worth trying them again?
hope you can work something out!We are having simiar troubles with night nappies and wool atm!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:58 pm

tanya2007 wrote:Well, I have added a LL bamboo booster and an EH hemp booster to the one he's wearing now. I've also moved it up to the middle rise setting, so will see if that works any better.

That's what we do.

Also with Magic alls boost with an EP hemp too and they are our night nappy, i need more!!!!

I hope you find something that works. Our easyfit brights can wick after 3 hours but they never leak.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:49 pm

Well, the last one lasted much better. He was in it for 3.5 hours and it leaked a little around the legs, but I think that was more to do with the nasty poop lining it (and not letting the pee through) than anything else.

He's in a sposie now as that poop has left him with a red raw bum and he is covered in cream. It's hurting him so much, he has spent the better part of the last 1.5 hours crying and shouting at me :(

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Close to giving up :( *updated*

Postby tanya » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:03 pm

I added boosting to all of today's nappies and we have had no leaks :yahoo:

And...

I've decided we have got to change back to using fitteds and wool overnight with Jake as he can outpee any pocket/AIO I put on him overnight (the amount of stuffing I was using was ridiculous - he's too much like his big sister *sigh*). In his nappy basket are only 2 fitteds. He wore one last night and the other is too small :( So I needed to find another nappy for him to wear tonight (the only other alternative to that was a sposie :puke: ), so I thought I'd try one of Bella's unsold night nappies to see how long it would be until it fitted.

And... he is currently wearing - and not even on the tightest snaps - a LARGE Puddlekins OBV night nappy, which his big sister at 3 years old was wearing just before she potty trained!!!

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:42 pm

tanya2007 wrote:I added boosting to all of today's nappies and we have had no leaks :yahoo:

And...

I've decided we have got to change back to using fitteds and wool overnight with Jake as he can outpee any pocket/AIO I put on him overnight (the amount of stuffing I was using was ridiculous - he's too much like his big sister *sigh*). In his nappy basket are only 2 fitteds. He wore one last night and the other is too small :( So I needed to find another nappy for him to wear tonight (the only other alternative to that was a sposie :puke: ), so I thought I'd try one of Bella's unsold night nappies to see how long it would be until it fitted.

And... he is currently wearing - and not even on the tightest snaps - a LARGE Puddlekins OBV night nappy, which his big sister at 3 years old was wearing just before she potty trained!!!

YAY! :wine: Well Done!

:giggle: At the Large PKs ... Rufus is in larges in most things already too ... chunky boys!

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Site Supporter

Postby Scotia » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:43 pm

Glad you've found something that works for him :wine:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat