hf1

Smugness!

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Smugness!

Postby northernruth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:58 am

It should make them confront exactly how much nappies contirbute to landfill. Whenever I have the conversation about reusables (only if it comes up in passing) ppl say to me "oh yes, the volume of nappies in the bin each week was horrendous :evil: well why not do something about it then???? Trouble is I'm mostly talking to the men and I doubt their put upon wives would take kindly to them going home and saying "I was talking to this banker today and she used washable nappies............."

My avatar
leal123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby leal123 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:36 pm

This is exactly what made me change to fluff in the first place :wine: We went to fortnightly collections over 2 years ago on Bromley's pilot scheme and we actually got another bin specifically for nappies :shock: Seeing all those nappies sat there for 2 weeks was the push I needed an we haven't looked back. The scheme has just been rolled out across the borough now so hopefully a few others will follow suit.

I find it much better having our paper and food collected weekly and everything else on a fortnightly basis - we never fill up our black bin :wine:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:49 pm

Aaahhh, the jobs of smugness :giggle: . Our main bin is only ever about 1/2 full every week (weekly collections) and I know part of the reason is because we use cloth here and recycle stuff where we can. Why don't people get that their just ain't enough holes in the ground :roll:

Our council is naff though, only paper (no card), glass & plastic where as 1/2 mile down the road in the county, they take everything and have even set up a clothing bank for stuff that's no good for charity shops and the like but are sent for recycling :wine:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:51 pm

I hope you said that your's is half empty as you use cloth LOL!!!

My black goes every 2 weeks and my green too... yet my green is always full!!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:50 pm

I think it's sad that in all the green drive from Stockport, they've not gone with an incentive scheme to use cloth nappies.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat