hf1

How many to take in hospital?

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

How many to take in hospital?

Postby happytails » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:06 pm

Another newborn nappy question :oops: :oops: Well im trying to be prepared if i do have to go in hospital and dont get my home birth :wink: but not sure how many nappies to bring?

Ive got a pile here and was wondering if its enough/not enough and if its too much, which ones to ditch. (i have a jute bag at home full of more xs/smalls for DP to bring in if i stay any longer than 24hrs. I also have a bag of bigger ones if this baby is going to be big, though im expecting under 7lbs tbh, especially if he is early)

Right

2 tots bots teenyfit - aplix (AIO)
Newborn Fluff n Stuff fitted SS (umbi snaps)
Newborn Swaddlebees fitted SS (umbi snaps)
Small Itti Bitti Boo fitted FS
2 XS Dunk N fluff fitteds SS
2 Diddy diapers fitteds - Nippa
1 Bimble fitted - Nippa
1 XS WN pul wrap (umbi snaps)
1 Newborn wool shorts
1 Newborn wool wrap (Nippa) - might have 1 or 2 more of these on the way which ill pop in)

So thats 10 nappies and 3-5 covers? ETA: i have 2 nippa's in bag also (if i get hold of more ill pop them in too)

What do you think?:panic: :giggle:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: How many to take in hospital?

Postby megansmummy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:08 pm

It depends how long you will be in for i guess...

I would take them all, 10 nappies isnt that many at all and you could probably do that in a day! I was thinking about this today and i know that i will be in for 3 days so im taking all mine! they will need their own bag!! :giggle:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:11 pm

Hmm gowsh get an XL wetbag and fill it with all you have :)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:13 pm

charlibunny wrote:Hmm gowsh get an XL wetbag and fill it with all you have :)

You will look like santa!! :giggle: yeah i need another XL wetbag too, i only have one and i use that as the nappy bucket in Kierens room!

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:18 pm

Ive got a large monkeyfoot one on its way to me :giggle:

Well i expect once i have him he will be straight into cloth and after we've had a couple of hours as a family if its apparent i wont be discharged that day i will be sending DP home to get more nappies/baby clothes etc so i cant see it being more than 24hrs. I cant remember how many nappies DD was in at birth but she was in sposies as i hadnt bought any small enough for her to use!

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:19 pm

Think i should put another with umbi snaps in? I have another newborn swaddlebees....

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat