hf1

Feeling very defeated - super wetter help pls

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Feeling very defeated - super wetter help pls

Postby monsterm » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:47 am

I've just managed to get our night nappy situation sorted out. The puddlekins SW wool & LLS SW wool are working nicely for us.

Now she is outpeeing her daytime nappies again. Her nappies were needing changing every 2 to 2.5 hours anyway but I didn't mind that. Now they she has leaks after an hour. The only nappies that last any bit are BG stuffed with p'dessous inserts & hemp boosters. I only have a handful of those nappies though so she is mostly in disposables in the day time and it's so disheartening looking at a big basket of clean cloth nappies and putting a disposable on her.

I know I'm going to have to sell all the nappies and get ones that work for her but I really wish I didn't have to do that again. I want to make sure I buy nappies that will last us this time. I was really happy with our stash & I hate having to change it.

Can you ladies with superwetters tell me what works for you during the day? Carolyn, what do you put on Noah? Everytime you write a comment about his super wetting abilities, I see similarities with Amelie. I put regular night nappies on her first thing in the morning as she pees so much first thing & I got that idea from you. Those night nappies are getting too small for her though so I have to buy night nappies for morning use too.

Thanks ladies

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Feeling very defeated - super wetter help pls

Postby paintedclaws » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:55 am

Its soo frustrating isn't it. :(

Noah's in wool fulltime because his nappies just got so big that normal trousers don't fit over his bum.

We use night nappies on him all the time and then only toddler bedbugs and WNNN. Although both are getting quite snug on the rise now. We get a maximum of 3hrs out of a bedbugs and 4hrs from a WNNN. I can't believe they used to last him over night!

We have a selection of other nappies, hollowoak night nappies, HV fluff and stuff and some pockets but tbh they're not enough and weve had so many leaks even when boosted.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:15 am

That's the main reason Bella was in daytime sposies before she PT'd. I couldn't deal with the constant leaks and a very demanding newborn. Before she went into sposies, she was in DnFs, F&S, HO or JR, all with wool, fleece or sometimes PUL, all superboosted.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:31 am

Sophie is a superwetter, BG's stuffed with the large MF insert, a LL bamboo AND a EP hemp last 3 hours. Same with an easyfit stuffed with the same.
Fitteds last little over an hour!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:32 am

That's another thing....potty training. Madison was potty trained day & night by 20 months and Amelie is already showing signs that she is ready to potty train. I don't want to spend all my time & money building a new stash only for her to potty train in 5 or 6 months.

Carolyn - I was thinking of just buying night nappies. Looks like it might be the way to go so :-?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:35 am

charlibunny wrote:Sophie is a superwetter, BG's stuffed with the large MF insert, a LL bamboo AND a EP hemp last 3 hours. Same with an easyfit stuffed with the same.

I've read so much that fitteds are best for hw'ers that I couldn't believe the stuffed BG did the job & our fitteds and wool couldn't. Glad to know that this works for you too.

Might stick with the BG I have. Buy a few more & a few more inserts & some night nappies too. Must figure out the bare minimum I can get away with so I don't spend a fortune

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:36 am

monsterm wrote:
charlibunny wrote:Sophie is a superwetter, BG's stuffed with the large MF insert, a LL bamboo AND a EP hemp last 3 hours. Same with an easyfit stuffed with the same.

I've read so much that fitteds are best for hw'ers that I couldn't believe the stuffed BG did the job & our fitteds and wool couldn't. Glad to know that this works for you too.

Might stick with the BG I have. Buy a few more & a few more inserts & some night nappies too. Must figure out the bare minimum I can get away with so I don't spend a fortune

BG's are the most reliable we have. Im not joking they weigh about a pound when we take them off!! I bought loads of preloved for a few quid each :)

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:47 am

maybe just get extra boosters to put in either pockets or fitted? then not replacing you stash? i just change izzy more often or leave her nappy less :giggle: because i give up! i think she is nearly ready to start PT anyway

you have my sympathy :hug:

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:31 pm

my 2 aren't heavy wetters....BUT when Hayden was close to PT the only thing that lasted was a flip with the stay dry insert and a hemp booster. That might work out cheaper than bgs as less covers needed?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat