hf1

So if I were to say...

My avatar
Linzi
Clothie
Clothie

So if I were to say...

Postby Linzi » Thu May 08, 2008 1:21 pm

Fitted, sized, poppers, not bamboo, and suitable for a large, (10lb+) breastfed newborn... what would you suggest?

I'm fussy, I know. lol But thought I'd ask for suggestions. As is, I'm tempted to spend a large chunk of money and go with wee notions as the bulk of my stash for the baby. I've contemplated a few sandy's but they're just so plain looking and I love all the colours/patterns of the wee notions.

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: So if I were to say...

Postby mabo » Thu May 08, 2008 1:25 pm

Before I had even read the second part of your post, I already thought WeeNotions... :lol: The things they produce are simply amazing.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Thu May 08, 2008 1:36 pm

I'd go with Weenotions too :D

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu May 08, 2008 1:43 pm

Linzi wrote:Fitted, sized, poppers, not bamboo, and suitable for a large, (10lb+) breastfed newborn... what would you suggest?.

Baby bufters, Hollow Oak and of course wee notions
If you are also thinking of pockets - Pocket bots

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu May 08, 2008 1:51 pm

Weenotions and Pocket Bots, but also Fuzzi Bunz are very good too. Also one from Babyideas - cant remember the name, you can get sized and BTP ones, from Fanny Fanackapants website - very pricey but have leg gussets which would be great for bf pooh.

Sadie xx

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu May 08, 2008 2:37 pm

My first thought were Swaddlebees organic velour onesize - they are lovely with pastel shades and have just the right settings to get a higher rise when your lo grows but isn't yet into a size 2 nappy rise wise.

Weenotions are also lovely!

Oh just re read and you want sized, so it would have to be weenotions then, or perhaps ellas house bumhuggers as well.

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Thu May 08, 2008 2:46 pm

P'tit toudou and p'tits technic are both gorgeous as well

My avatar
freya
Clothie
Clothie

Postby freya » Thu May 08, 2008 2:53 pm

Hi there!
I'm just waiting for my first Northern Lights, so I can't comment on those (everyone else has done that already!)
When I was choosing my first nappy purchases, I went for some Swaddlebees OV which fit your specification perfectly.
I went straight for the medium, which they say are from 12lb, but we were using them from about 11lbs

We've had no problems with them with BF poo containment, but to be honest, it's mostly down to the wrap anyway :D
I've been using either ME Rikki wraps or a ABC Swaddlebees wrap (These come in plain, single colours and do fit lovely over their own nappies)

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu May 08, 2008 7:31 pm

You see for a newborn I would recommend the motherease sandys every time!

I loved them on new babies, they are good value for money, not as bulky as most and work fantastically (I never had any leaks, ever!)

Then perhaps move into the more expensive, prettier nappies for the next size (so you will get longer wear out of them too!)

jan x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat