hf1

So if I were to say...

My avatar
ruby
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: So if I were to say...

Postby ruby » Thu May 08, 2008 10:00 pm

I really liked the popper fastening Bimbles size 1 when M was little, we found them really reliable

My avatar
Linzi
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Linzi » Thu May 08, 2008 10:29 pm

Ohh there's a few here I haven't even heard of. I spent so long being 'good' I'm so out of touch. lol

I've seen the swaddlebee's OV and contemplated one or two of those. A lot of people have raved about the berry plush too.

I'm not too bothered about spending the money if it's on nappies that'll work and I'll enjoy using them. That way I don't lust after quiet so many others, and I'll be more likely to spend carefully. lol But with the medium weenotions, their weight range lasted my son from birth to about 5 months, so should work for what we need. Then I have the medium fuzzi's to start the next size up when he's a bit bigger. Although ds was wearing those from about 3 months, so we'll probably have them overlapping. Which can only be a good thing, more choice. lol

Once he's a bit bigger, I'll probably buy some various pockets to add to what we already have.

Now to decide on the fabrics. I'm just glad I have a few weeks to make final decisions before I have the cash to order them. lol

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Fri May 09, 2008 7:23 am

I would get a selection to start - you never know if the nappy type might not suit babys shape if you go all for one sort. And your baby might be in mediums before you know it - I personally would not spend much money on small nappies. DD was 10 pounds and I had to put her in mediums at 6 weeks - she grew so fast as well.

I would get some cheap but good second hand smalls, some on mediums and most of the money on larges TBH. DD and DS were in larges quite quickly as well as they were very chunky as babies. I think DS at 4 has about the same waist size as when he was 4 months or so! Depends if your babies are chunky.

I found minkis and bear behinds pockets good - you can get some poppered minkis. I would try to get a fussybutt second hand -they are such great nappies. I would look at clwt twts - they are lovely.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat