How lovely to line dry!!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Re: How lovely to line dry!!

Postby Soupdragon » Mon May 19, 2008 12:30 pm

I've just got DH to demolish a shed which means we can finally put a washing line up. So I shall look forwards to line-drying. But I am worried about nappies going hard when they're line dried. Is it just a case of popping them in the dryer for 5 minutes afterwards to soften them up again? Or do you do something at the washing stage to prevent that from happening? Or does it not affect cloth nappies too badly? Thanks.

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Mon May 19, 2008 1:27 pm

Soupdragon wrote:I've just got DH to demolish a shed which means we can finally put a washing line up. So I shall look forwards to line-drying. But I am worried about nappies going hard when they're line dried. Is it just a case of popping them in the dryer for 5 minutes afterwards to soften them up again? Or do you do something at the washing stage to prevent that from happening? Or does it not affect cloth nappies too badly? Thanks.

To be honest i dont find mine go hard at all. I use pockets and Ai2's and wash in fairy non bio.

My avatar
millercl_6
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby millercl_6 » Mon May 19, 2008 5:15 pm

i only find my minki huggles go hard the rest are fine will try the tumble dryer for 5mins when ther done see how that goes.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon May 19, 2008 7:02 pm

I make sure the 'nice' side of the nappies are facing out to the road (our line is on the little village street), I hang them all in a row and on the row closest to the road then when I get back to the house I always turn around and have a look before I go back inside - awwwww!!!!! ( :oops: :oops: :hohoho: :hohoho: :oops: :oops: )

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon May 19, 2008 7:08 pm

clothmama wrote:I make sure the 'nice' side of the nappies are facing out to the road (our line is on the little village street), I hang them all in a row and on the row closest to the road then when I get back to the house I always turn around and have a look before I go back inside - awwwww!!!!! ( :oops: :oops: :hohoho: :hohoho: :oops: :oops: )

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: Awwwwww :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Mon May 19, 2008 8:33 pm

clothmama wrote:I make sure the 'nice' side of the nappies are facing out to the road (our line is on the little village street), I hang them all in a row and on the row closest to the road then when I get back to the house I always turn around and have a look before I go back inside - awwwww!!!!! ( :oops: :oops: :hohoho: :hohoho: :oops: :oops: )

:hohoho: :hohoho: I do that too :oops: :hohoho:

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby jules070603 » Tue May 20, 2008 9:37 pm

I l0ve it t00. I feel really happy t0 see them there. The nappy wash g0es 0n 0vernight s0 they can be 0ut all day!!!

They d0 g0 hard (the natural fibe 0nes) but the fact they are 0n the line makes me n0t mind. We d0 have s0ft water here th0ugh.

I have been w0ndering what the neighb0urs think :-)

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat