hf1

Why I love cloth

My avatar
mummy2threeboys
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Why I love cloth

Postby mummy2threeboys » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:09 pm

Ethan has been in disposables the last week as he had a huge blister on his bum and I have been covering him in cream. Every morning his nappy has leaked and I've had to change his cot sheets (never leaks in cloth) :x Can't wait to get him back in cloth tomorrow :wine: after I take photos of our full statsh tonight :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Why I love cloth

Postby clothmama » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:43 am

:D :D :D That is fab

My avatar
Lacuna
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Lacuna » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:18 am

Aw, poor boy. I'd be looking forwards to the cloth again too! So many people ask if the washing gets to you etc- but when it means not having to change sheets every night and clothes everytime they poo and it falls straight out the side I can't see it making much difference!

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:55 pm

I totally agree about the washing clothes thing; if the disposables leak all the time these "I'm a bag it and bin it sort of girl" people will end up washing more than cloth users :roll: we've often had disposable leakage problems, and it's actual leakage rather than wicking, I always here people say the disposables leak and when they've done a poo they even panic as it does just come straight out the side.
Then again new cloth users can be put off (like I was at first) by 'leaking' which is actually wicking as they didn't know about too tight clothes, bodysuits without vest extenders etc, I think all nappies should come with a tag that explains about this, maybe even with a free vest extender :lol:

My avatar
Littlepants

Postby Littlepants » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:35 am

smilinglou wrote:Then again new cloth users can be put off (like I was at first) by 'leaking' which is actually wicking as they didn't know about too tight clothes, bodysuits without vest extenders etc, I think all nappies should come with a tag that explains about this, maybe even with a free vest extender :lol:

What brill idea! I do always put a pack of vest extenders in trial kits which go out, but hadn't thought of putting an info sheet in about them! Great idea! Thanks :thumbsup:

My avatar
smegs1978
Clothie
Clothie

Postby smegs1978 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:09 am

I was nearly put off by cloth as they were leaking and i couldn't understand why, and i have realised it is because his body suits were to tight. Charlie is a very long 10 week old but a little on the skinny side, so this morning when i put him in the 3 to 6 body suits to get the extra length they wouldn't stay on his shoulders. So i think i am going to invest in some vest extenders.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat