hf1

Light wetter

My avatar
calliflower
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Light wetter

Postby calliflower » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:40 am

My DS is what I can only describe as a light wetter. His nappy is never properly wet during the day and even his night nappy (which is an unboosted tots bots cotton) is never soaked. I could probably leave him without a wrap during the day and he wouldn't leak. DD was the opposite and was a super wetter so my only experience is of heavy wetters. My question is do you think he's getting enough to drink. I'm so worried that he isn't which is why his nappies are never properly wet. All my other cloth friends have heavy wetters and I've never read on here of anyone having a light wetter. Is it normal, or should i get him checked?

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Light wetter

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:50 am

My 3rd is a light wetter i nthe day and now at night can easily wear a boosted pocket.

How old is your LO? When Ruairidh was smaller his nappies were never properly wet but his urine was pale and didnt smell so I guess he was ok.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:05 pm

WSS. How old is your LO. How much does he drink & what does he drink?

My avatar
calliflower
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby calliflower » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:57 pm

He's 10 months. He's still mostly boobie-fed (7-8 feeds a day), as I'm doing blw. He has a beaker with meals which he treats as an interesting toy rather then a drink although some of it does get into his mouth. He'll also attempt swigs from his older sisters drinks if he can get them, but mostly its mummy milk. His nappies never smell really strong or anything and his wee looks pale, he just doesn't seem to do many wees.

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:09 pm

Poppy is a much lighter wetter than Noah. A WN stuffer with a GK bamboo insert easily lasts 3 hours and isn't completely soaked whilst Noah's usual bedbugs or WNNN will last *just* three hours.

So long as he is wetting and its not strong smelling then he's getting enough. Just enjoy having a light wetter and being ableto use all those nappies that you could never use before. :wink:

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:27 am

My boy is 2 and has always been and still is a light wetter I love not worrying about leaks as long as his wee is not strong smelling I wouldn't worry

My avatar
Littlepants

Postby Littlepants » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:31 am

My youngest was like this. He wouldn't drink very much at all. I asked the HV, as I was worried like you, and she said that it would do no harm at all, and that he would drink when he was thirsty. This was a HV who I trusted! She didn't talk rubbish at me, so I didn't worry after that.

Hope this helps anyway.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat