Help!

My avatar
marcsmummy2010
Clothie
Clothie

Help!

Postby marcsmummy2010 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:28 pm

ok all of his nappies leeked !!!!

First time doing this do i have to wash them before i use them please someone help me !!!! :oops: :oops: :x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Help!

Postby Louise » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:31 pm

What nappies were theyand what are they made from? Are they brand new? How long did you leave them on before changing him?

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:34 pm

:wave: Do they need a wrap & you didn't know? :D

My avatar
marcsmummy2010
Clothie
Clothie

Postby marcsmummy2010 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:37 pm

pocket new just wee ebay cheapies and bumgenius !! all leaked so so annoyed !!! help

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:40 pm

:wave: I don't use pockets but yes you'll need to pre-wash a few times before they are usable for any length of time & even still the more you wash them the more absorbant they'll become!

Or it may be that your not doing them up tight enough!

Someone who uses pockets will be along soon :D

My avatar
marcsmummy2010
Clothie
Clothie

Postby marcsmummy2010 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:42 pm

:wave:
ill try washing them a couple more times he does have quite skinny legs just dont want to waste all my nappies on sitting in a corner !!! :shock: :-? :roll:

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:32 pm

the inserts wont be absorbant at all becasue they are new hun , the more the get washed / worn the more absorbant they will become. The best thing to do is to give them a good few washes (just the inserts , the nappies dont need prewashing) before using them again - or failing that if you NEED to use them , change them ever hour and wash daily. Do you have any microfibre cleaning cloths , or even old flannels? These are good for extra boosting in nappies and will help you out whilst you are waiting for the inserts to become fully absorbant.

hth abit hun

sophie
xxx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:55 pm

Bg inserts are microfibre, I think ebay cheapies are too, if so prewashing won't improve absorbency

So possible issues would be fit, do you definately have them on the right rise setting?

How old is Lo? If older he could be power weeing

How often are you changing? Pockets often need changing every 2 hrs or less

You may need tp boost them I find microfibre a pile of poop, always boost with bamboo and hemp here

My avatar
marcsmummy2010
Clothie
Clothie

Postby marcsmummy2010 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:16 am

:wave:

hi thank you all so so much for the repiles he is 8 months old but was born premature....3 months ealry the last time he was weighed he weighed 10lbs 10,i have them on the smallest size

can i just stuff them with the miocrofibre cloths from the pound shop ???? do they work

omg im so useless lol !!! thank u al xooxoxoo

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat