hf1

Help!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Help!

Postby megansmummy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:07 am

Ok, did the ebay ones come with an insert?

Microfiber cloths wont be very absorbant so you wont get very long out of them, if you already have microfibre inserts then i would buy some help inserts (easy peasy hemp ones are fab and very cheap) and put the hemp under the microfiber :hug: A better combo would be to ditch the MF alltogether and go with bamboo and hemp (hemp under the bamboo) but obv that comes with cost!

:hug: Your not useless, cloth nappy is a learning curve...you will get there :)

ETA how often are you changing? we change cloth nappies every 2-3 hours with prefolds and every 3 hours with a fitted nappy...we dont use pocket nappies as we got alot of leaks...

ETA in your classifieds listing you have fleece inserts for sale...no inserts would be fleece as its not absorbant at all...its just a stay dry fleece LINER that goes between your babys bottom and then inner of the nappy...if your using these inside the nappies you will absolutly get leaks and it wont absorb the wee...they are not inserts. Inserts would be either cotton, microfiber, bamboo or hemp.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:24 am

I accidentally posted my reply to this thread against your last thread. So I'm just moving it to the right place.

So did the ebay nappies actually come with inserts? (I seem to recall the listing didn't specify an insert being included.) If so, was it just a microfibre insert? I can't see that being very thick or very absorbent. You'll need to add additional material to stuff with to cope with your LO's wetting.

If the BumGenius are the newer version, they should have two microfibre inserts (older versions just have one insert). Are you using one or both of these? Try both together (if you're not already) and see if that makes a difference.

Microfibre isn't the most absorbent fabric. It can work better if used in combination with another material (particularly bamboo or hemp). But even something like a terry square will help. The microfibre cloths aren't really very absorbent, so wouldn't be my choice of insert. But it is just a case of trial and error as to what stuffing, in what combination, works for your LO.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:17 am

Hi, my two were premature as well and TINY!!! Riley still is and I'm only just able to put her in one sized nappies now (at 19 months). She was probably the same size as your LO is at that age (on the 2 percentile or less?) if so I'd tend to suggest that he is too small for one sized nappies.

My avatar
marcsmummy2010
Clothie
Clothie

Postby marcsmummy2010 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:47 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Ok the ebay ones didnt come with inserts so i just bought some and i dont have a clue i think they are microfibre :-? wrong 1s to be using then :oops: il have to get some hemp inserts when i get some money for now my LO may cope woth sposies :x

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat