hf1

Help- pleease x

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Help- pleease x

Postby little1 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:51 pm

DD is 11 months and teething badly and so far this last 2 weeks she has out pooped: Flip, weehuggers, thirsties duo, eco sposie (not suprising), a pop in, a WNNL with NB wrap, and LL with wrap. They have all been put on correctly and we've never had a problem with poop leaks before but ATM nothing appears to be able to contain them :oops: I'm getting a bit fed up of full clothes changes, sheet changes (if napping).

I'm pretty sure its not a tummy problem as the poop appears pretty normal for :bf: BLW baby, it is somehow coming out of the top - back and front of the nappy, not leaking at legs (TMI) :giggle: .

Any advice would be much appreciated.

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Help- pleease x

Postby smilinglou » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:14 pm

Have you tried bumgenius pockets or cheap pockets as the flips don't seem to be as containing as the insert just fits in if that makes sense, tots bots bamboozles with motherease wraps are really good and very containing, we used to use the original bamboozles with the motherease airflow wrap when Lily was small.
Is the fit right around her tummy, do you need to do the nappies up a little tighter, when my lo stands up the nappies seem looser and have gaps than when she's laid down.
What about easyfits, the elastic is very good on them.
Keep trying hun you will get there, I never have any leaking and rarely wicking, disposables are the worst for it, in the mean time can you lay her on a towel? x

My avatar
GaryL
Clothie
Clothie

Postby GaryL » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:41 am

Hello. I know what you are going through in the runny poo stakes. My little one (thankfully now out of nappies) had runny poo of the sort that could burn holes in floors (Nice!) We turned to prefolds and they did the trick brilliantly. We did have to make sure we have sufficient wraps but they contained all that her little bottom could fire.

Hope this helps in some small way :D

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:20 pm

Do you use anything for the teething itself? I swear by homeopathic teething sachets. We used Ashton and Parsons, but you can also get Nelsons and a few others. It relieves the pain of teething and also combats the acidity which causes such explosives poos. Worked brilliantly for us for all sorts of discomfort relating to teething as well as tummy bugs, allergic reactions and so on.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat