hf1

Swimming????

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Swimming????

Postby HannahBanana » Tue May 08, 2007 10:42 am

Do you think it would be ok to use my Happy Heiny without an insert for swimming?

We have some disposables but not been for ages and they are too small.

Thanks x

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Tue May 08, 2007 12:04 pm

Don't see why not! I'd just make sure it was rinsed out properly aftre, don't want the chlorine spoiling those lovely prints :D :D

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Tue May 08, 2007 1:00 pm

I'd check with your local pool before you go. I know some pools insist on a disp swim nappy under your cloth ones. They did on our hols :(

Ericax

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue May 08, 2007 2:17 pm

Well I did it! lol! She had her Happy Heniy on under her cossie...there were no signs about swim nappies. It's in my gym so sod it I pay them enough each month loL!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue May 08, 2007 2:17 pm

I used pul wraps last summer the few times I took him swimming and they were fine. Very tempted by the wee notions swimmers with matching vest myself!!!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue May 08, 2007 3:11 pm

I can't believe they told you to put a disposable underneath!! Sorry Erica was just thinking about it some more lol!

Erin was fine in her HH and I can't see what guarantee a disposable gives that a washable doesn't... it guarantees and over-spilling smelly nappy bin in the family change room that's what! pffft! I would complain! lol

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Tue May 08, 2007 6:07 pm

Ha ha Ithink we are going with the same company this year I shall choose to ignore the swim nappy signs unless a member of staff actually has a moan to us. I made the one swim nappy last for half of the hols, kept drying it out in the sun ha ha, a reusable dispie!

Ericax

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue May 08, 2007 7:29 pm

I take Charlotte to a swim school and we have to use a disposable swim nappy under their choice of cloth nappy as they say that is the most reliable system (and I guess they have had alot of practice). It really annoys me but like Erica I simply wash the disposable one and use it about half a dozen times before throwing it away. I am still on the same packet I bought before Christmas :wink:

Annette

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat