hf1

Help - nappies for a long skinny 6 week old baby?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Help - nappies for a long skinny 6 week old baby?

Postby clothmama » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:41 am

hi everyone, I'm posting on behalf of my little clothsister Lucy (she is only on her mobile and is having a 6 week old exhaustion 'moment' so I thought I'd help out!). My niece is now 6 weeks and Lucy is keen to get her into cloth now (she had always planned to start around now). She had bought a heap of LL size 1s and she also has a lovely nb nappy from Ems. She went to put the LL nappy on Chloe and the rise is too small as is the PK newborn nappy too (which makes sence as it is a nb nappy!)! She apparently has a builders bum in the Little Lambs and they are not usable for her.

So the question is what would be a good option? My babies have always taken after their mother so we never had the long and thin thing happening :hohoho: :hohoho: !! She likes the idea of a AIO / AI2 and I'm thinking she could go into BTP now couldn't she? I guess it is hard for me as Chloes shape is so different to my boys and it has been so long since I've seen a tiny baby :giggle:

Any advice etc appreciated - brands, nappies and sizes please as it is a good long while since I've had to buy a nappy! I'll no doubt be on classifieds searching for her later too!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Help - nappies for a long skinny 6 week old baby?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:15 am

The best long skinny nappies I used were bambinex - have they changed name to geobel? But they had hardly any bulk between the legs and really high rise. I know you were after a12's or btp, but in my (limited) experience of having a skinny baby the btp's are pretty usless until they get a lot bigger.

good luck

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:46 am

India was very long and thin and only 2 parters worked. Pockets were an awful fit and the wee just used to run down her leg. Our stash was Thirsties Fab Fitteds and Sandys.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:47 am

Ive been out of it for too long really to advise on any particular brand, and I know Lucy is thinking about AIO's or pockets, but I would probably go for a good bamboo fitted and nippa it to get the proper fit. I did get the Bambinex/Geobel for Evie when she was bigger as they had the most generous rise in the 2nd size so maybe the 1st size is the same, or depending on how confident she feels, a good prefold might also do the trick?

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:48 am

bambinx are good I've used them with Dex and Tabitha - I find Tabitha quite long and thin and the thirsties duo on her was :thumbsup:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:56 am

Thanks for the ideas so far :D :D

I guess she isn't totally against 2 parters as she got them in the LL's! She saw her friend using Tots Bots easy fit (she thinks) and liked the look of them so I think that is where the idea came from!

I'll go and look at those you've mentioned. I was actually thinking Bamboozles as they are trim adn from memory quite a good rise.

Look forward to hearing more ideas! :thumbsup:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:59 am

clothmama wrote:Thanks for the ideas so far :D :D

I guess she isn't totally against 2 parters as she got them in the LL's! She saw her friend using Tots Bots easy fit (she thinks) and liked the look of them so I think that is where the idea came from!

I'll go and look at those you've mentioned. I was actually thinking Bamboozles as they are trim adn from memory quite a good rise.

Look forward to hearing more ideas! :thumbsup:

the new bamboozles stretchies are really good and the rise is generous. I havent had a problem with them at all :wink:

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:01 am

i had the same problem with LL's. Shame, they were such great nappies but only lasted us a couple of weeks before builders bum arrived.

I'm not much help though as I never found anything great for clara (who was long, thin and huge hips) other than a lovely upsy daisy pocket that i boosted with an itti insert. But I'm dithering about selling it on in case we might find another use for it here.

I had some small fuzzis that worked quite well at that age i think, but ihad to buy new inserts at about 8 wks. BTP BGs were also fairly good although we did have the occasional explosion.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:03 am

She could always try a Teenyfit. Resale will be good :wink: :hohoho:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat