hf1

Help - nappies for a long skinny 6 week old baby?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Help - nappies for a long skinny 6 week old baby?

Postby littlesez » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:05 am

oh no! I didnt realise there would be fit issues with little lambs :( i used the size 1's with izzy til she was 9 months, how weird that they don't fit a 6 week old. Would nippa-ing them help to stay up higher ? I would be glad to send some nippas FOC if thats any help, if not will you PM me and i will see if i can help at all x

I am pretty sure tots are same so would say dont try those, other than that maybe terries might be a way to go as you can find a fold that fits any baby then you dont have to spend a lot of money x

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:08 am

i tried nippa-ing the ll's, and it was no help. the nappy just isn't long enough.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:47 am

The tots stretch is a better fit on Kieren who is long and skinny than the little lambs, i love LL's though but i did find that he outgrew the rise by about 15 weeks or so (alot sooner than i thought!!)and the size 2 LL rise was better but it was just waaay too bulky on him!

The tots stretch is a BTP but you can also buy a size 1 for a neater fit on a smaller baby :D Long and skinny also screams aplix to me...becuase you can get a nice snug fit :)

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:06 am

Caroline wrote:India was very long and thin and only 2 parters worked. Pockets were an awful fit ...

WS Exactly Same!
I used Muttaquin, HL, WNNL would be a good fit too I think ... the only pocket we had any success with at that point were BBSS, although I imagine a WNSS would have worked well too

Tots Stretchy would be good oh & of course easyfits! I wish they had been around when Rufus was small!

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:20 am

You can pick up close parent pop-ins pretty cheap. They won't last birth to potty (at least not the version 1s) but they should be a good fit for a little while (Leo's outgrown the width before he's outgrown the rise). They are an AI2 and the leg gussets will help with skinny legs.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:23 am

agree with Joeli - and they may go btp on a skinny girl. They lasted Natalie, but Ryan grew out of them a few weeks ago as he's got bigger thighs/hips :(

I have a big stash (15) of the v2 dream dri (microfibre one) that I'm probably going to sell!!

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby helenNt » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:32 am

What about flexi-tots we used the size 1's with Connor and he was long and very skinny. Think the size 2 is now a btp and fits from 10lbs.

My avatar
GaryL
Clothie
Clothie

Postby GaryL » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:34 am

Hi there.

My recommendations would be the Rumparooz (which are great with skinny thighs), Bum Genius Organic, Flip and also agreeing with previous posts, the Close Parent Pop-In. I prefer the Dream Dri but the Bamboo is equally as good.

Hope this helps in some small way :wave:

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:18 am

Hi all, to throw a spanner in the works Chloe doesn't have skinny thighs just a tiny waist and already sits at nearly 60 cms. I think that's why i ended up with the size issue. Thank you all so much for your advice. Hopefully I can find a couple of trial ones on the classified before i bulk buy as i've made that mistake and have something like 15 ll nappies. Will try and work out the classifieds soon. X

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat