hf1

Tell me about your night nappies

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Tell me about your night nappies

Postby hermya » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:19 am

I've got my little one in cloth during the day and I would like to get him in cloth at night as at the moment we're using sposies.

He's a heavy wetter so I need something that will last a good several hours without a leak. It would be nice if it could keep his skin dry as well, but I'll take bomb proof over him feeling damp.

So can you tell me about what you use?

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Tell me about your night nappies

Postby vampiredreams » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:22 am

WE currently use LLS Super Wetter wool & OBV nappies overnight .... these are brilliant.

Have used WNNN previously and they have been very good value for the money (just not as absorbant as we needed).

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:33 am

How old is your LO? It can make a difference in recommendations. ;)

Bigger brands we've used in the past (when my DD was younger) include Baby Beehinds, Swaddlebees one-size and Ella's House Bumhuggers. I did have to boost them all as she grew.

Work at home mum nappies that we currently use (and I do boost them all bar one brand, as my DD is a very heavy wetter!):

Wee Notions Night Notions
Hollow Oak
Puddlekins (these are custom made, so have the perfect absorbency for my daughter. But, consequently, are huge!)
Flutterby Fluff
Upsy Daisy - no longer made, but I would imagine are quite similar to a Luscious Little Something night nappy

If you're after pockets (we couldn't use these), I've heard lots of people recommend Nappies by Minki, as they have a huge pocket for stuffing and are also fleece lined.

HTH

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:50 pm

My LO is seven weeks old this week.

My avatar
stockingstitch
Clothie
Clothie

Postby stockingstitch » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:31 am

I use naturebabies pocket Loveables - the fleece / microfibre ones, rather than bamboo.
Fleece next to the skin so DD feels dry. Huge pocket which I stuff with hemp babies booster and microfibre insert (BG insert usually), with Large ME Airflow wrap- never had a leak. Massive bum :giggle: but bombproof - we use vest extenders and next size up babygros at night to get round this.
DD is now 11m, and very heavy wetter so can def recommend this for 12 hours! Used Size 2 for nights from 2 weeks old - they are slim in the front, so fold down well and fix with a nappy nippa so nice and snug fit. Very quick drying as just fleece and microfibre.
Cheers,
Michelle

My avatar
nipnapnoo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby nipnapnoo » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:51 am

Have you tried Little Lambs? The bamboo version is very absorbent and they come with a super soft fleecy liner and bomb proof covers. I use them on my 15 months old and love them, very soft and comfy for night time also. :D

I have also used Bungenius V4's, Wonderoo V2's at night without leaks on my son recently. x

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:16 pm

I use wnnn's now..but when dd was smaller I used a flip with a stay dry insert and 1-2 hemps depending on how long she'd sleep for

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:40 pm

We use drybees fleece, they're cheap to buy (about a tenner new) and have a wonderful stay dry inner, we stuff with 2 hemp and one bamboo insert and they last well over 12 hours! :wine:

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Soupdragon wrote:Upsy Daisy - no longer made, but I would imagine are quite similar to a Luscious Little Something night nappy

They're quite different actually....there's almost twice the amount of absorbency to a LLS than an UDN :wink:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat