hf1

Can builders bum be stopped?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Can builders bum be stopped?

Postby Shaunie » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:29 pm

Isaac has terrible builders bum going on (wears pockets). He is tall but and has a fair size bottom :giggle: . He wears WNSS HR which fit great but after a while I can't just see a glimmer, I can almost see the whole of the moon! It's not so bad when he's not wearing trousers so I'm guessing it his clothes making it worse :-?

Any tips of how to prevent it?

Ta x

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Can builders bum be stopped?

Postby moo54 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:10 pm

:giggle: poor little botty! I often get the whole moon here too :lol:

Is it because the stuffing is heavy? I remember ds getting a bit of builders bum when I puit in an extra booster. Have you tried flips as they have a HUGE rise - I only ever got to the middle set of poppers with ds.

Are his jeans dragging the nappy down when they start slipping? Tried a belt?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:11 pm

front snap would probably be better, other than that I'm not sure

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:22 pm

moo54 wrote::giggle: poor little botty! I often get the whole moon here too :lol:

Is it because the stuffing is heavy? I remember ds getting a bit of builders bum when I puit in an extra booster. Have you tried flips as they have a HUGE rise - I only ever got to the middle set of poppers with ds.

Are his jeans dragging the nappy down when they start slipping? Tried a belt?

I stuff with PD insert & EP booster because he's mostly a heavy wetter. Haven't tried flips but maybe I should. Are they one-size? WNOS & Wonderoo OS don't fit on the waist - on the last popper on both. Yeah, his trousers may be dragging a bit which doesn't help sp perhaps I could dig out a belt and try.

Am humming the waterboys song now :lol:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:24 pm

flutterby wrote:front snap would probably be better, other than that I'm not sure

Didn't think about front snapping nappies. Guess I could try one or two but I need a long rise. Gosh it's such a PITA when I think he could be P/T in a couple of months :roll:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:25 pm

have you tried PT at all?

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:28 pm

yeah, flips are one size - meant to be as long as a bg4 but I found them way bigger. They were the only thing I could rely on just before ds PT - the wnss and gk boosters couldn't hack it - so I used them and a stay dry insert and a hemp behind. They also used to last the night when dd was on 3 night feeds so I think they might work for a heavy wetter?

dd has a wnos and no way would the rise ever had fit ds.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:29 pm

flutterby wrote:have you tried PT at all?

No, not yet. I really don't think he's ready at all. DS1 was day dry when he was not much older than Isaac is now but Isaac just doesn't seem mature enough. Maybe I could try him after Christmas :-?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:33 pm

Wasn't saying you should btw, just wondered, can't hurt to try, save you buying new fluff

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat