hf1

Close to giving up

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Close to giving up

Postby mabo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:31 pm

Our washing machine was broken for a week and with the huge pile of washing that was left to do after that Caitlin has been in disposables for almost 2 weeks now - and I must admit that I don't particularly miss cloth nappies :oops: :|

When I started with Anna, the one thing that convinced me to try was that she only poo'd once a week - of course as soon as she was in cloth full time that changed to daily :roll: but I still carried on as it was the kind that just rolled off. We also didn't receive her cloth until after the height of summer here had passed and she TT within a few weeks.

Caitlin usually goes at least once if not twice a day and because she is such a fruit and veg monster her poos are more of the squishy sloppy kind and I'm not looking forward to having a nappy bin with dirty nappies in the upcoming summer heat.

Dont get me wrong, I miss putting her in her gorgeous fluff, but I don't miss the mess side of it...

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Close to giving up

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:34 pm

We have had 2 weeks of disposables here too as I was just generally struggling. My dd never did those lovely roll off the fleece poos right up til she pt. I think it was due to the fruit as well.

I use a big zip wetbag and I find it doesnt smell at all. I use extra liners in all his nappies to make cleaning easier (he does mushy ones too). I went back into cloth yesterday with a disposable for bed and I have to admit I am enjoying it a bit more now.

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:38 pm

i know you feel hun, i have switched from cloth to sposies and bk again quite a few times, i hated the thought of throwing away so many wipes and nappies, but always had leaks with cloth(till they invented easyfits :giggle: ) hated the big bum look, she couldnt wear tights\skirts\dresses or even jeans and they all made her wick, struggled with the extra washing/drying and the need for a much bigger bag when going out, atm she is in sposies and i havent missed her cloth at all

keep her on sposies for a bit, you may feel the want to use cloth again at some point you may not, just do whats best for you and your family x

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:51 pm

You have to do what's right for you, if you need a break have a break. :)

I have to admit i was struggling to keep up just before Noah trained in the day, I've been washing nappies every 1 1/2 to 2days for the past 18months and if i got behind (like i did just before Noah trained) with the washing then i really struggled to catch up. I've only got so much drying space and my wash loads were/are around 18 nappies which fills the airer.

I was ready for him to train, i now have an acceptable time between washloads again. :oops:

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:19 pm

We have nasty fruit & veggie nappies also, so know what u mean. Thankfully DD will be potty training in the New Yr.
Do whats right for u, tho I would get disposibles with less/no chemicals - but thats just me :hug:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:40 am

We are on a break too atm :hug:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:24 am

Between Williams excema and icky poo's we had quite a few breaks too. Do what ever works for you x

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:30 am

We took a break, and although we're back in cloth its only during the day (I just can't cope with the stinky NN) and although I feel like I'm back in the cloth zone, if I can't get the washing done, or if Dh is away and I'm struggling with stuff generally then we have paper days! I feel a lot happier about it all.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:16 am

I took a break a few weeks back. He's back in cloth during the day but sposies at night. And sposies if he's having nasty poo's! :puke:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat