hf1

OMG can't believe it... what would you do?

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

OMG can't believe it... what would you do?

Postby HannahBanana » Wed May 09, 2007 2:05 pm

I had an awful night with Erin last night and just put it down to teething.

I have just spent the last 20 mins stuffing all the freshly washed nappies and put them in the draw except the night ones as some stuffing was upstairs.

Anyway her sheep minki was one I did upstairs. I stuffed it and straightened it out when something sharp jabbed me in the finger. I ran my finger along it to find it again and found what felt like a needle poking out of the stitching where the leg elastic is. it wouldn't pull through so I put my hand inside the pocket and pulled it through that way.

It was a pin! It has a black ball on one end which was inside the nappy so it must have been from making the nappy. It's about 3cm's long and I haven't used any pins like these even making my wipes so I know it's not mine. It was proper inside the nappy too. In fact i couldn't find pins when i made my wipes so I used the spare needles for the sewing machine!!

I feel awful as that is probably what was wrong with Erin in the night! Getting jabbed everytime she moved by a pin in her nappy. Her skins bad enough without being scratched with a sharp thing in her bedtime cloth!

I haven't told James yet as I know he'll go mad (very protective daddy that he is) Do you think I should speak to babykind? what if it's happened in other nappies? What would you do?

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed May 09, 2007 2:13 pm

Ohhh dear that is not very good at all. I would ring them myself as it isn't good at all and it maybe a problem with other nappies too. At least make them aware of it hun. I would

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed May 09, 2007 2:42 pm

Oh the poor little darling, thats awful :( :( .

I'd definitely give them a ring. I know how easy it is to miss a pin when you are sewing but even so on a babys nappy from a reputable company that is pretty bad.

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Wed May 09, 2007 3:30 pm

Oh no, poor Erin! Ring them up, I'm sure they will be as horrified as you. Poor Erin may get a nappy for her pain.

Ericax

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Wed May 09, 2007 3:51 pm

Oh that's terrible! :shock: :shock: Poor Erin!

Agree with the others - I'd definitely phone Babykind and let them know.
Keep us posted!

Joanne

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed May 09, 2007 5:07 pm

poor erin,
thats really awful, i would also certainly call babykind and get them to call minki. you could email minki straight, but babykind will know what batch and everything it was from. poor little bundle, lets hope she has a better night tonight.
Shevi

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Wed May 09, 2007 6:13 pm

Oh gosh :!:

I would get on the phone to Babykind.

Hope Erin has a more peaceful night poor little dumpling.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Wed May 09, 2007 6:23 pm

I am going to call them tomorrow first thing. I feel awful as I know it's not babykind's fault but it's not right that the nappies aren't checked properly before leaving the manufacturer especially when it is something for a bubba!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed May 09, 2007 7:43 pm

I agree. Let us know what they say Hannah

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat