hf1

Help-come on ladies...some advice please

My avatar
joodel
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Help-come on ladies...some advice please

Postby joodel » Tue May 20, 2008 3:52 pm

-My parents are going over to the UK in August to visit my B and SIL and kids and my mum has agreed to leave some space in her luggage to bring back a few nappies :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

So, Di (Diner on here) and I are thinking about maybe possibly starting up a WAHM-y business here in South Africa making nappies and NEED to try out some pockets especially...

What should we get then, and why? And where should we order from? We will be getting them delivered to my SIL's address in Birmingham...it would be a great saving on postage to get as many from one place as possible (the exchange rate is horrible at the moment: R15 for 1 GBP)

(Am almost definitely going to order at least one wee notion (but which type...day/night/pocket?????), and would like to try a quick flip too...)

Think we need at least one BTP nappy (eg Bumgenius?) and one side-snapping pocket (swaddlebees, pocketbots, weenotions???) plus one or two sized pockets (baby beehinds, greenkids, fuzzibunz).
Has anyone used a wahmie nappy?

HELP??!!! :wink:
Last edited by joodel on Wed May 21, 2008 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Help-stay on the wagon but...

Postby Louise » Tue May 20, 2008 4:06 pm

Bumfluff sell Wee Notions pockets and wraps and Kiwi Quick Flips too. And they've got a sale on quick flips at the mo too! :wink: 8-)

http://bumfluffnappies.com/index.php?ma ... e1ff64bfad

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Help-stay on the wagon but...

Postby Rae » Tue May 20, 2008 4:12 pm

I think you should also try out a pocket bots plus because the way they popper up at the sides really do mean they can adjust for different leg and waist measurements. David doesn't like poppered nappies, yet can manage to put these ones on OK. I like the way they have that extra bit at the back of the nappy top stop the insert coming out. They are also quite low at the front, which means you can get normal jeans on easier.
http://pocket-bots.com/
And definately look at weenotions, but I'm sure others can suggest which they prefer and why.

My avatar
joodel
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Help-come on ladies...some advice please

Postby joodel » Wed May 21, 2008 8:11 pm

hello?
anyone?

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Wed May 21, 2008 8:43 pm

I like easy peasy nappies as a basic, I have tried bimbles and bambeasys

easypeasynappies.co.uk

I l0ve ween0ti0ns which have already been rec0mmended.

An0ther WAHM is clwt twt, a welsh WAHM wh0 makes g00d basic nappies and s0me special 0nes.

I use m0therease 0ne size which are great.

An0ther rec0mmendati0n f0r p0cket b0ts and wee n0ti0ns p0ckets.

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Thu May 22, 2008 6:05 am

I'm stocking lots of WHAM nappies in my new shop, and building up stock all the time. I already have a few pocket bots, minkis, WeeNotions on the way, and some others from Continental WHAMS. I could certainly do a mixed bundle for you.
PM me if you want.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu May 22, 2008 10:14 am

I would get a Wee Notions pocket and their new onesize pocket as well. Then I would also get a Pocket Bot. And for bigger brands, a BG is worth trying. Our other faves at the moment are Happy Heinys, Green Kids and for Ben Little Lambs or Bambineos.

My avatar
joodel
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby joodel » Thu May 22, 2008 10:15 am

I'm stocking lots of WHAM nappies in my new shop, and building up stock all the time. I already have a few pocket bots, minkis, WeeNotions on the way, and some others from Continental WHAMS. I could certainly do a mixed bundle for you.
PM me if you want.

Thanks. Will have a look and a chat to my cousin and get back to you.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat