Brainstorming - pro cloth arguments

My avatar
DevonLou
Clothie
Clothie

Brainstorming - pro cloth arguments

Postby DevonLou » Wed May 21, 2008 11:58 am

Hi again,

I have another project in the pipeline, looking at the impact of different types of persuasive appeals - for example, arguments that appeal to emotions (By using cloth we can ensure sure we leave our kids a more positive environmental legacy) versus rationality (Using cloth significantly reduces the amount of rubbish going to landfill). I was wondering if you might help me generate a huge long list! Any arguments at all most welcome - the final list will be pilot tested so that eventually we can come up with a group of items that we can confidently say are either emotional or rational).

Thanks so much for any suggestions!

LouFP

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Brainstorming - pro cloth arguments

Postby Shevi » Wed May 21, 2008 1:03 pm

an over all better product. i dont use plastic plates all the time, i use china cos its nicer and works better and so i wash them ...in fact i have a dishwasher...i also have a washing machine which washes my nappies which are a vastly supior product to disposable nappies. they are cheaper, more reliable, cuter, more comfortable, and i dont need to lug them home from the shops all the time.

i wouldn't choose to wear paper or plastic knickers...so why would i force that on my child?

My oversensitive kiddies bottom reacts worse in disps than than.

i really really like them!!! i enjoy shopping for them, i enjoy using them, heck i even enjoy hanging them on the washing line! (i like to gather joy where-ever i can!!)

i like to be different.

My Boys are very very skinny and their trousers always fall down in sposies!!!!

when learning to walk and fall down alot it is better to have a padded behind!

is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

My avatar
DevonLou
Clothie
Clothie

Postby DevonLou » Wed May 21, 2008 1:45 pm

Yes, perfect! Thanks! As many as possible bascially!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed May 21, 2008 1:54 pm

I think Shevi has said lots, but my reason for switching was so I could get free nappies (by reusing them compared to 1 use ones!), reduce landfill I produce, then I got hooked into pretty colours.

As Bob the Builder says the 3 r's reduce, reuse, recyle, well cloth does all of them! reduce what goes in the bin, reuse by washing, recycle them on another child either by giving or selling.

My avatar
joodel
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby joodel » Wed May 21, 2008 1:56 pm

Shevi wrote:an over all better product. i dont use plastic plates all the time, i use china cos its nicer and works better they are cheaper, more reliable, cuter, more comfortable, and i dont need to lug them home from the shops all the time.
i wouldn't choose to wear paper or plastic knickers...so why would i force that on my child?
i really really like them!!! [heck i even enjoy hanging them on the washing line! (i like to gather joy where-ever i can!!)
i like to be different.
My Boys are very very skinny and their trousers always fall down in sposies!!!!
when learning to walk and fall down alot it is better to have a padded behind!

All the above...both my LO's are skinny and now that my 3year old is PT, his trousers are always falling down!
Also it costs less!! (although the initial outlay may seem more cos you have to buy them all at once)

Judy

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Thu May 22, 2008 11:53 am

They l00k g00d - I see nappies as an item 0f cl0thing, like y0u see knickers and undies.

The th0ught 0f burying all that waste is just awful.

They are better f0r baby, t00 many chemicals is disp0s - we d0n't actually kn0w exactly what they c0ntain.

I am trying t0 be a better pers0n by reusing and recycling.

I like t0 supp0rt WAHMs by buying their pr0ducts.

It makes nappy changing a much m0re fun 0ccasi0n.

They just l00k cute :-)

Will keep thinking. I'm afraid I c0uldn't h0nestly put the saving m0ney 0ne here alth0ugh i think I will in the end I can't be certain :-)

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu May 22, 2008 12:05 pm

ooooh the sitting in scary chemicals all day scared me...you never know what is absorbed thru the skin...especially in such sensitive areas.

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Thu May 22, 2008 2:08 pm

And they're cooler (proven) than plastic wrapped sposies, which apparently may have an effect on little boys' ability to reproduce in later life!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu May 22, 2008 3:20 pm

I enjoy people's reactions when I strip Ben off and he has a funky little nappy on :D
and connected with this - like Shevi, I quite relish being different to alot of people.

Might not be connected but Charlotte is the first of 6 babies from my antenatal class to potty train and she is the only one in cloth.

It can save money - and now I am onto my second child I think this might really actually come true at last. We haven't bought a single disposable nappy or wipe for Ben yet :D

Hanging the nappy wash on the line and folding and stuffing them makes me feel good :D

Poo goes down the loo like it is supposed to instead of to landfill.

You can meet all these lovely like minded people to chat to on the computer and in real life :D

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat