hf1

Is this the end of cloth days? :(

My avatar
mrsbrightside
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Is this the end of cloth days? :(

Postby mrsbrightside » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:02 pm

I really hope not, BUT ive had to stop using my cloth stash. Everything that used to work for us now doesnt. They leak and he ends up soaked. Hes always been a heavy ish wetter but I found nappies that worked for us and now nothing is working. At one point his combats looked like they could of been rung out. We always found CT, ittis AIO with extra small snap in booster worked well.. also some days a wnss with green kids in would work well.. also ebay cheapies with greenkids inserts but even these have let me down. I just dont know what to do. ive boxed my stash up ready to sell but havent managed to talk myself into it :( I cant rely on them anymore. Do I just give up and admit they dont work for us and sell my stash

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Is this the end of cloth days? :(

Postby twinkletot » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:08 pm

Have you tried fitteds? They tend to be better for heavier wetters. Maybe sell a couple to get a few from classifieds to try? :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:17 pm

:hug: Fitteds are the only way to go hun. I use Dunk & Fluffs and Wee Notions Northern Lights, with some bamboo Little Lambs too and they see Kellan through three hours with no leaks (we use wool/fleece as it's kinder to his chunky legs :giggle: ). Just got a heavy wetter Dunk & Fluff in the Secret Santa and it lasted 4 hours :shock: :yahoo: :giggle: He doesn't last the night in a heavy wetter LLS, toddler bedbug, Flutterby Fluff Night Nappy or a WNNN, boosted with 2 Little Lamb bamboo boosters and 2 layers of zorb and he just about gets through with no leaks. Disposables are even worse! Have you tried using some zorb/hemp boosters? They're the most absorbent materials you can get.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:29 pm

I use the pottyin the day now , sorry not me, izzy! :hohoho: She outpees things in a flash so i either have to keep changing her more often or just let her use the potty. I have to put extra boosting on for naps and humongous night nappies. I think its when they start holding their wee in ready for PT'ing hun. Maybe get a potty and see how it goes x

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:31 am

Connor could only ever wear boosted two-parters. Although he even managed to outwee them when he started holding his wee for longer. If you think PTing is still a way off why not sell a couple of pockets and get a fitted or two to try. Good luck.

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:22 am

It could well be that he's ready to PT. He may be holding wee, and the flooding the nappy with a power wee! I'd definitely give it a go anyway. Failing that, I agree - 2 parters are the way to go

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:18 pm

When ds started flooding his gk in wnss I moved over to flips with the staydry insert and a hemp behind, this gave me a couple of months until he pt

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:39 pm

I'd do as pp have suggested and trying some fitteds. :hug: really hope you find something that works

My avatar
mrsbrightside
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mrsbrightside » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:45 pm

thanks for some great advice. I never even thought about him holding his wee! maybe PTing is closer then I thought.

I have tried 2 parters but hes such a diddy little thing (2 in april but still in 9-12 month clothing) that ive never got a good fit on them and we never got away with them finding pockets and aio's better for all. I also found he got rashy from the wraps on his legs (althou I cant remember what ones I tried back then!!) xx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat