Best newborn nappies?

My avatar
Salbysea
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Best newborn nappies?

Postby Salbysea » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:52 pm

hi
I am handing down my birth to potty and size 2 nappies soon but I only got into cloth when my LO was 9 months (so he went straight into BTPs and size 2s)

what is the best wasy for my friend to bridge the gap till my stash suits her? I don't really know what to advise for a newborn

I'm passing on:
coolababy/ebay BTPs
weenotions one size pocket
tots bots bamboozles
tots bots easyfits
little lambs size 2
large flongies and fleece soakers
large itti d'lish SNO and AIO
large bitti boo
rumparoos BTP
large bambooty
large cushie tushie
yoyoo BTP
large WNNN, large upsy daisy night nappy
WN pocket large - the ones that snap on the front
- so not really much use for the first few months?

lots of microfibre inserts and some bamboo inserts

I hear a lot about motherease wraps, so would something like some small little lambs do? and how many for a newborn?
thanks x

My avatar
Salbysea
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Best newborn nappies?

Postby Salbysea » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:55 pm

p.s. I'll be giving her the BTP pockets first as they are now too small or wrong shape. Am still using the larges, bamboozles and size 2s. Have lots of BTP pockets but assume they won't be great initially? don't want to put her off by having nappies that don't work

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:57 pm

yopu can't go wrong wityh terries, can be folded too suit any age. I loved them for newborn phase. Alternatively size 1 nappies like little lams.tots. and desent wraps

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:59 pm

ive got some tots bots teenyfits and some newborn prefoilds with xs thirsties wraps for the newborn stage before my size 1's fit properly. also have a lot of muslins and a tots bots size 0 red fleece wrap

My avatar
sportyminx
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby sportyminx » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi Sarah <Sarah here :giggle: Naomi's mummy lol!>
I thought for a moment when I saw this thread you were :pregnant: - :giggle:

Anyway - I found with Naomi the best Nappies were ones I could use with a nippa - some preloved bimbles and diddy diapers for the very early days would be best with a motherease airflow or thirsties wrap - Also after the first few weeks we loved cotton tots with a nippa - just got such a good fit with all of the above as she changed shape and size through the first few months - pockets are a nightmare for :bf: babies and newborns as thier poo is very explosive :hohoho: I think it is nearer weaning and wriggly babies they honestly come into thier own! It shouldnt cost too much to build a stash of say 10 bimbles, 10 diddies and 15 or so nippa tots and then 3-4 newborn, small and medium wraps!

Hope you and Joe are well x

My avatar
Salbysea
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Salbysea » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:12 pm

great so thirsties and motherease wraps seem a safe bet

I think sometimes prefolds and terries etc can be a bit off putting for a first time cloth user? I'll suggest them and see what she thinks.

How do tots bots teenyfits cope at 60?

p.s. No chance Sarah :giggle: ..... well maybe when DS 1 is in school. I think anyway if I do it again I'd prefer fitteds, but pockets are less daunting first time round, so don't mind passing on my stash

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:20 pm

There have been a few threads about newborn nappies recently. Here's one of them. I'd definitely go with bimbles, diddy diapers and thirsties if I had to pick although my bumps stash will be 100% WAHM this time.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat