Council cashback - WWYD?

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Council cashback - WWYD?

Postby moo54 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi ladies!

Just moved to a new area and they offer £50 cashback off reusables, :wine: you all say.

BUT....I am really not "into" the whole buying pretty fluff thing these days, I prefer to use BGS and the plain wnnn that we have from ds on dd and have plenty of boosters from his nappy days for when she needs them. So....I wasn't actually planning on buying any thing else nappy related at all until she PT if she remains a normal wetter of normal size etc.

But a little part of me is saying that if there is £50 to be had from a council then I should take it...I am a LG employee and have had my wage frozen for years and with threats of job cuts etc, in my head it's all money from the same pot and I should have it if it's going, even if it's to buy something that won't get much use so I can sell on after PT.

WWYD?

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Council cashback - WWYD?

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:30 pm

I wouldget it cos you can always sell it on classifieds after

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 pm

Could you get it and loan them to someone you know to encourage them to start using reusables - the intention of the scheme is to increase the use of cloth :wink:

Then you can get them back after they have finished and sell them on to someone else to use - win win

My avatar
greenferret
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby greenferret » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:53 pm

Annette wrote:Could you get it and loan them to someone you know to encourage them to start using reusables - the intention of the scheme is to increase the use of cloth :wink:

Then you can get them back after they have finished and sell them on to someone else to use - win win

Love this idea :D

My avatar
earm
Clothie
Clothie

Postby earm » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:49 pm

Grab it before they scrap it too, my local council doesn't offer it x

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:52 pm

earm wrote:Grab it before they scrap it too, my local council doesn't offer it x

Yes but I had heard that some councils were scrapping it because people were just claiming it in order to sell the nappies :wink:

My avatar
mrsm4
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby mrsm4 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:53 pm

Do you have a reciept for the ones you've already brought? I just sent a copy of that and then recieved a cheque
And my reciept was almost a year old too :-)

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:59 pm

I think you should definitely get something, a lot of these schemes are use it or lose it so if people don't take it up then there is a chance they'll scrap it I guess.

Also like the idea of buying something for a friend to try, failing that buy some stuff with good resale value.

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Thanks ladies, the form is winging it's way in the post to me...I doubt that I can use an old receipt as it will have my old address and a different borough, so it looks like a spend up is on order.

Will have a think about what to get and what to do with them - I have converted 2 people already so far so maybe I'll pursue a couple more of my friends - but give them the older bgs and get some new shiny tabbed ones for "me" :wink:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat