hf1

Night nappy help

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Night nappy help

Postby clothpenguin » Fri May 23, 2008 9:17 am

Can anyone help as our night nappies are just enourmous, they need two easy peasy hemp boosters to get through the night on top of a hemp/terry stuffie or a poppered down beehind or a quickflip (to name but a few) is there somthing I am missing or do they just pee for england. I had convinced myself that its just becuase they are in cloth that its so wet but it does seem alot for two four month old babies. If I change them in the night it wakes them and its a nightmare so its basically to last 7-7. My favorite night nappy is a bumbeano bumboo, i have ordered more but even with that it needs a clwt twt bamboo booster and two easy peasy hemps to get Natty through the night. Mr CP has started to make noises about the size of their bums which is making me feel guilty. The nappies are soaked but their bums are dry with these combo's, anything slimmer spring to mind? Am I doing somthing wrong? (will try wool I promise just need to get time to lanolinise)

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Night nappy help

Postby babyroo » Fri May 23, 2008 9:28 am

Definitely try wool - because it abosrbs some of the wee very slowly and allows it to evaporate, you will find the nappies are much less soggy even without changing anything else. So you may be able to get away with less boosting. Do the lanolising, honestly it is really easy, it will take you no time to do and then you just leave.

I would recommend the Weenotions night notion for a slim but excellent nappy.

Are they bothered by the size of their bums though? If they are happy and the nappies are working without any leaks, then maybe it's just something you need to get used to - yes they will have ginormous bums, but I think that is pretty cute :mrgreen:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri May 23, 2008 9:46 am

I have to say that Bella wears a quick flip to bed with two easy easy hemp boosters inside the flaps. This will just about last her through the night. I can sometimes substitute one of the hemp boosters for a bit of cotton, but sometimes this leaks and sometimes it doesn't. The only really reliable combo is two hemp boosters. This is covered by some kind of wool.

Bella does drink a lot, particularly just before bedtime *groan* - I would love her to drink earlier, but she is really thirsty at night.

Sorry, I just think we have heavy wetting babies.

ETA: During the day, Bella wears a pocket nappy of some description (BG, HHOS etc) and has an easy peasy hemp in all of those. When it comes to nappy change time (under 3 hours), the hemp is soaked. I'm seriously considering putting 2 EP hemp in all her day nappies too - but that would mean buying MORE boosters :(

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Fri May 23, 2008 10:37 am

I agree with Ali - definitely try wool. Harriets night nappies used to be enormous as they were heavily boosted but now I don't have to boost at all. Before using wool you could wring her nappies out in the morning and they used to pong a bit but since changing to wool they are wet but not sopping and they don't seem to smell anymore. I think it was the PUL that used to make them smell?

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Fri May 23, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi there,

I w0uld als0 rec0mmend fleece if y0u can't find the time f0r lan0lising the w00l etc. They need washing everytime unlike w00l but just bang them in with the nappy wash and they dry in n0 time.

I use t0ts and als0 use wee n0ti0ns0 n0w t00.

xxx

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri May 23, 2008 12:38 pm

I use a quick flip and up until now 1 easy peasy hemp with wool, but Ben has started to sleep for even longer and therefore a little wetter, but the wool works so well, it really does!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri May 23, 2008 1:05 pm

I think until babies hit around 7/8months when milk is their main source of food they will pee for britain!
I think I just got by with changing Isabelle in the night until about 7months or so (she used to poo after one of the feeds tho' in the night so had to be changed anyway...)

That said - Weenotions nightnotions and wool is your best bet - Definately definately try wool it has made such a difference for us - when Tory said no leaks I didn't quite believe her but apart from one or two incidents when the liners were clogged with cream she's not leaked in wool at all... I can't quite believe I put off trying wool for so long though!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat