hf1

Oh No.dye Transfer

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Oh No.dye Transfer

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:34 pm

So it turns out my 2 year old holds in her wee and then the floodgates open in one very large go. (I did have a feeling she was ready for potty training when she kept taking off all her pooped in nappies and bringing them to me saying 'look, i done a poo'...DELIGHTFUL,however, now this pretty much confirmed it to me with the pee thing...don't think i would have noticed that in her huggies, now i know why sposies babies potty train later) I now know in future to double the inserts for her but even with this issue, for such cheap nappies (coolababy) I'm still impressed, she'd done 3 hrs and even with the leak issue she wasn't that wet on her jeans BUT it just so happened that this all took place when she was wearing the nice new shiny white one i received yesterday and it just couldn't handle the floodgates with only the one MF insert and so the blue dye from her jeans has transferred onto the cover. Does anyone know how i get it out?!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Oh No.dye Transfer

Postby clothmama » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:49 am

Oh no, I'm not sure to be honest. Perhaps soaking in vanish or something overnight? I hope you manage to get it out, if not can you decorate around the blue splodges?? :wink:

I'd recommend adding a hemp or bamboo booster behind the microfibre as these are more able to hold in the large quantities of pee.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:41 am

Oh no :( I echo what clothmama has said about the Vanish.. I hope you manage to get it out! My 2 year old isn't at that stage yet so I have it all to look forward to...

I definitely agree about adding a hemp or bamboo booster. To be honest, just one microfibre insert wouldn't be enough for my DD, I always put 2 of those in, and then if I know we are going out or she is due a big wee or something, I will also boost with a bamboo or hemp booster. Easy Peasy Hemp boosters are great, I use these overnight too. For bamboo, I like Little Lamb inserts.

Rach xx

My avatar
sezzlebum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sezzlebum » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:26 am

i found when i had jean or other dye transfer on LOs nappies, it usually just came out in the wash on its own :)

hope you got it out anyways :hug:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat