My avatar
ameliepoulin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Double-gusseted nappies

Postby ameliepoulin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:51 am

Hello Ladies,

I have two questions in fact:

1. would a double-gusseted nappy be the ideal in terms of containment? In other words and from your experience, would they be the smartest choice or is it a a matter of size, baby-shape, boosting, etc, that really makes the difference when it comes to leakproof solutions?
2. what brands are available out there (all types counfounded, AIOs, pockets, fitteds, etc) that have double gusset?

Many thanks,
C.

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Double-gusseted nappies

Postby little1 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:41 am

Double gusseted nappies are good for containment, Pop in nappies have a double gusset, also weehuggers are a wrap with a double gusset you just put the insert in the wrap (under the flaps).

Flips by bumgenius don't have a gusset but are probably our most reliable for containment as they are so adjustable and fit really snuggly around the legs without leaving marks.

Some people recommend a fitted nappy system for containment as they tend to be bombproof but i find they are not as trim as the flip or weehuggers systems and i'm not a fan of the big cloth bum look :oops: .

Your probably best to buy a few cheap preloved ones before deciding as the shape of the baby does make a huge difference to the fit.

Hope this isn't too confusing :hug:

My avatar
ameliepoulin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby ameliepoulin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Thank you, little1, noted, it is very helpful indeed, waiting for a baby size I want to make sure I am prepared with info for when my baby arrives, I don't picture myself being able to do any intensive research with a new-born in the house, being a first-time mom on top of that (plus, delivery time abroad takes ages). So I figured I should do my homework now so I have a few aces up my sleeve, should I need them.
Looking forward for other opinions.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:02 pm

I love the leg fit on the Pop-in and find it contains so much better than other pockets without the double gusset on a smaller baby, and also on my nearly 2yr old.

2 parts are good for containment (Nature Babies wraps have a fab gusset too and are great wraps) but I also find them bulky on newborns and prefer AIO/pockets etc.

My avatar
ameliepoulin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby ameliepoulin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:15 am

e586 wrote:I love the leg fit on the Pop-in and find it contains so much better than other pockets without the double gusset on a smaller baby, and also on my nearly 2yr old.

2 parts are good for containment (Nature Babies wraps have a fab gusset too and are great wraps) but I also find them bulky on newborns and prefer AIO/pockets etc.

Noted this too, thank you.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:16 am

Rumparooz have a double gusset too.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat