Urgent Help Needed!

My avatar
teresat
Clothie
Clothie

Urgent Help Needed!

Postby teresat » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:00 pm

Ok so dunno what to do!
Today is my first day in cloth everything is going fine apart from the fact lo has developed a reall red raw rash on his testicles and the sides. (like normal nappy rash places) its about to blister.

What have i done wrong??????

I am using AIO pockets with fleece liners. All was washed before use in non bio washing powder with no softener and dried in an airer.
Is it possible he's having a reaction to the fleece liners?
I've just put one one with no liner but do have some disposable liners.
thanks
xx

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Urgent Help Needed!

Postby busybee » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:04 pm

It may well be the fleece liner, my daughter has a nasty reaction to them. Or sometimes if LOs have been used to disposables, it can take them a few days to get used to cloth.

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:06 pm

It could be the fleece or it could be the toxins that will have built up in his skin from using non breathable disposables which may take a few days to clear.

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:08 pm

My daughter has a horrible reaction to fleece and minky liners, sounds exactly like you are describing. We use paper liners with no problems.

as PP said it could also be a reaction to having something different and might settle down soon

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:09 pm

like the others have said it maybe the fleece, but I think Caleb had a similar reaction when we started using them (approx 7mths old)

My avatar
sezzlebum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sezzlebum » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:10 pm

or it could be a teething rash and nothing to do with cloth at all :doh:

what a bugger to happen on your first day :x

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:32 pm

Hopefully it will soon settle. Like others have said it could be a number of reasons & may not even be nappy related. DS2 used to get a blister like rash that would bleed; turned out it was a reaction to the paper liners so switched to fleece and it was clear in less than 24hrs. Hope you figure out the cause :hug:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:57 pm

DS got a little rash wehen we switched to cloth (was nowhere near blistering though). As pp's have mentioned it was his body getting used to it. Think it took about a week to clear fully and we have only had the odd nappy rash since.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat