hf1

What nappies would you recommend for a SUPER heavy wetter?

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

What nappies would you recommend for a SUPER heavy wetter?

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:32 pm

I have a v.heavy wetter and need some nappies that will contain it all. I'd prefer not to have to remortgage the house or sell a kidney if i can help it as i'm in this to save money! Somehow need to find something that will last more than 2hrs to convince OH that this cloth nappy malarky isn't any more hassle then disposables and it is actually worth starting my little lady out late at 13months. What would you all recommend?

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: What nappies would you recommend for a SUPER heavy wetter?

Postby vampiredreams » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:40 pm

Luscious Little Somethings Super wetter fitteds!!! They contain zorb and loads of soaking ability...we swear by them

Puddlekins used to make fitteds to abosirbancy levels...not sure if they still do

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:02 pm

I have always loved weennotion nightnappies and more recently my best purchase are the wildchild nightnappies :mrgreen: i had a custom from puddlekins and it is indeed great but quite a large nappy, i have started using it as a day fitted as I love it too much :giggle:

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:56 am

Which type of nappy are you using, often certain all in ones or pockets with microfibre won't last; heavy wetter or not! Two part nappies are often very good but my girl is a HV and bumgenius pockets, fuzzis, bumgenius organic aio and ittis last well.
Can you get some pockets and hemp/bamboo inserts? These will last a lot longer than microfibre, you don't have to spend out for the newest version of pocket nappy e.g. bumgenius v4 aplix is pretty much exactly the same as the v3 which you'll find very cheap on here preloved (I've seen them go for £5), the v4 poppers are good though, take a look at the classifieds and see if there is anything you could try out cheaply, I buy all my nappies preloved!

Remember if you do up tight clothes over the nappies you will have wicking problems, this isn't leaking but where the clothes (ofte bodysuits or tights/leggings) push on the nappy and then the moisture comes outs often the sides, you can buy vest extenders cheaply and baby legs or the next size up of tights/leggings usually works.

There are many ways of letting your dh know why cloth is better, this is one of them:
http://www.happybums.co.uk/content/nappyfacts.asp

And a big list of reasons why to use cloth:
http://www.treehuggermums.co.uk/article ... article=43

Tbh I've had more leaking from a disposable than a cloth nappy, they just aren't up to the job of holding in wee and poo explosions.

Good luck and keep asking for advise on here :hug:

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:03 pm

My ds1 was a SUPER heavy wetter. My favourite nappies for him were easypeasy Bumbles. So easy to boost, even for bedtime. Also quite affordable and quick drying. Microfibre and/or hemp boosters were quite slim and held a lot. The best boosters I found were Happy Heiney hemp. Even at his wettest 2 of these would hold him overnight. You do need some Terry or microfibre on top though otherwise the wee bounces off lol!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:03 pm

For my very heavy wetter i use Bumgenius pockets with added hemp boosters. Babybeehinds magic alls with added hemp booster. Tot's bots easyfits with added hemp booster.
For fitteds i use a boosted goodmama but they don't last too well. A boosted dunk and fluff does well though :)

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:59 pm

I have tried most nappies out there & no fitted nappy has lasted longer than 2 hours on my little girl (most don't even get to 2 hours). We now use bumgenius pockets with a petit dessous bamboo double insert & 2 hemp boosters. This gets us to about 3.5 hours. At night, we use the puddlekins and LLS super wetter wool night nappies. With the puddlekins I have to add a bamboo booster & with the LLS I have to add a bamboo & a hemp booster so she really is a super wetter.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat