hf1

Small nappies.not sure what to do?

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Small nappies.not sure what to do?

Postby angiepangie2809 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:17 pm

Ok. So my newborn stash is complete apart from wanting some more wraps once I find out the gender of baby kemit this weekend. I've got mainly bamboo xs sandies,about 16 of them I think, 5 teenyfits ,4 xs fuzzis, about 10. Newborn prefolds and a few bits and bobs. Oh and my oww nappies when they arrive. This is my xs/newborn stash and I am happy with it as to be honest I don't realy tend to do pretty nappies. My problem is what do I do for small nappies? I've got 8 or 9 brand new bamboo little lambs and originaly had planned that I would get more small bamboo ll's and have my small stash just full of them but I've never used them before on a small baby and whilst I like the size 2 ll's on ethan I hardly use them as he's in pockets 99% of the time. I also am not keen on the way the applix on them has curled with very little use too and this concerns me a bit when they could be in full time use whilst baby is in small size. I am completely lacking inspiration and motivation to get this small stash even started properly as am unsure what I want to use. 2than was in cotton sandies whilst he was in the small size and whilst I have bought them in xs size in the bamboo version I am not convinced that I will want to use them in the small size (if I did it would deffo be bambooones though). Ethan went out of the small cotton ones into fuzzis (medium) and bumgenius v2 poclets which I still use every day as they have been so reliable for us. I tend to prefer fitteds whilst baby is smaller but I may well reuse ethans v2 bg's on the new baby when its grown into its own skin a bit but as his are mainly boys colours I woud need to also get some girly ones if this baby is a girl.....I am a bit confused as to what to do though and I just can't get a move on with even deciding what to do for once the xs/newborn sized ones have been outgrown. Can anyone help? Any words of advice or ideas at all?...I realy am stuck and sometimes a new set of eyes realy helps xx

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Small nappies.not sure what to do?

Postby Louise » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:56 pm

I am probably going with 100% WAHM for this bumps stash but I do like the look of bumgenius fitteds and love Itti Bitti Boos. I used bambinex/geobel bamboo with Ryan and liked them as they had a higher rise than LLs so they fit for longer.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Small nappies.not sure what to do?

Postby e586 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:06 pm

you've got a good nb/xs stash to start with, and a few smalls to try so tbh I'd probably leave it til baby is here and see what shape he/she is and go from there. You'll have a better idea of what will work best then, and can start putting funds aside now for them?

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat