hf1

The Nappy & The Pin Saga

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

The Nappy & The Pin Saga

Postby HannahBanana » Fri May 11, 2007 9:18 am

Well I tried phoning several times yesterday morning but didn't get through so I emailed them a lengthy email about what had happened and a picture of Erin's thigh and the pin. Also asked for more safety checks etc. I then phoned again to make sure they'd seen the email but the bosses weren't there so asked the chap to let them know they had an important email. I was calm yet firm and I did state I knew it wasn't them that made the nappies but wanted some response from Minki too.

I then got this reply:

Dear Hannah,

THanks for your email and feedback.

I am really really sorry that this has happened. It must have been quite a shock to find that pin in your child's nappy - I can only imagine myself.

We do check nappies before they leave us but we are not usually looking for or expecting there to be pins in the fabric. This is the first time this has occurred for us. Naturally we will now increase our checks on nappies and this brand in particular and check in the leg cuffs and hard to find places for any sharp objects. I am really sorry that we have sent out a nappy with a pin in.

I will pass your email to Minki who make the nappies ( I am not sure if you have done this yet). I will then talk with them about this issue. After that I will get back to you again.

Pleased they got back so quickly and am waiting with baited breath for my response from minki.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Fri May 11, 2007 9:54 am

Good that they replied quickly and are very apologetic. Hope minki's response is the same. How is Erins leg now? Hope she is ok.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Fri May 11, 2007 10:15 am

She's ok and not surprisingly slept loads better the following night!

Ruth was over yesterday and I showed her the pin. It's not small I can tell ya!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Fri May 11, 2007 10:53 am

HannahBanana wrote:She's ok and not surprisingly slept loads better the following night!

Ruth was over yesterday and I showed her the pin. It's not small I can tell ya!

Ouch, glad Erin slept better last night with no nasty pin jabbing her the poor love. Do you and Ruth live nearby then Hannah? Whereabouts are you in the UK?

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Fri May 11, 2007 1:02 pm

Not really close but we meet up once or twice a month sometimes more lol!

She is in Leicester I'm in Northampton so about 45 mins. First met up when the babies were about 3 or 4 months old after chatting through pg etc It's nice to have some mum friends with babies the same age.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri May 11, 2007 1:34 pm

I'm really pleased you have had a prompt and apologetic reply. Let us know what the score is once they have been in touch with Minki!

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Fri May 11, 2007 6:12 pm

That was good you got such a prompt reply. KUP when you hear again!

Joanne

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat