hf1

How many nappies for hospital? (Tory?)

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

How many nappies for hospital? (Tory?)

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:55 pm

I will be having another section, so im assuming i will be stuck in for 3 days and i have no idea how many nappies to pack. Ive put my 8 teenyfits in the bag, 2 xs oww fitteds, 3 small oww fitteds, 3 diddy diapers, a little lamb, 5 totsbots and 5 small prefolds. Also 5 small wraps and 2 newborn soakers.

I dont think its enough really, i have some more boring fitteds to pack, but i guess im worried that they are all going to be too big.

Tory is your bag packed already? Im guessing you have prefolds in the bag just now in case baby burn arrives before your oww order?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: How many nappies for hospital? (Tory?)

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:05 pm

:wave: hey hun...im packing a seperate nappy bag and in it im going to put/have put~

12 teenyfits
12 OWW (if they arrive and get pre-washed in time!)
10 newborn prefolds
3 thirsties duo wraps
2 newborn wool soakers
wipes
1 XL wetbag
Fleece liners

Im going to need a removals lorry when i get discharged!! :giggle: It seems alot but i think i would rather have too much and not use it than not enough and end up resorting to sposies!!

ETA if the OWW dont arrive in time then i have 10 other random fitteds (diddys, swaddlebees etc) that i will pack and i will take extra prefolds and more wraps.

ETAA, i want to take enough rather than send stuff home becuse hubby is going to have his hands full as it is and i dont want to be fretting about nappies...if we lived round the corner from the hospital then it would be different but we dont...we are a good half hour/40 minutes away...
Last edited by megansmummy on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:09 pm

That sounds like plenty for 3 days; I remember that Jas didn't need really frequent nappy changes for the first couple of days until my milk came in properly.

I'm packing 6 nappies in my bag, working on the assumption of a 24 hour stay, and will put another 15 in a second bag for DH to pick up if I have to stay in. If I was you I'd prob use the Teenyfits first, as they dry quickly, then send them home with your DH after the first day so he can launder and bring them back in if you need more.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:09 pm

I'm hoping to be out quickly, but even if I have to stay overnight I shouldn't be on my own too long before Mark could bring more if needed, so I've just put my 10 teenyfits in. I figure if I give birth in the morning and all is ok I'll be home that day, and I'll pop my xs/newborn fitteds (think I have 10?) and some wraps/soakers in a bag in the car, so Mark can bring those in before he goes home if I do have to stay overnight.

Does that sound ok?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:12 pm

megansmummy wrote:12 OWW (if they arrive and get pre-washed in time!)

I bet they're in the washing machine within 5 mins of you receiving them! Make sure you get a pic first!

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:13 pm

Hmm see i thought i would really need 30+ and seeing your list has reinforced that. Im still waiting on 6 small fitteds from tweedlebee and tweedlebum but they are almost 2 weeks behind and havent been sent yet so might not be here :(

Frances i will def use the teenyfits first as it wont be me doing the first couple of changes, but ive told Sy not to come in the next day (its a 130 mile round trip) to save us some money so i will have to take everything home with me when im discharged.

Emily i think that sounds fine for a short stay. If we were closer to the hosp i guess it wouldnt be so much of an issue but im going to have to take everything in the night before.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Frances wrote:
megansmummy wrote:12 OWW (if they arrive and get pre-washed in time!)

I bet they're in the washing machine within 5 mins of you receiving them! Make sure you get a pic first!

I will get them straight in the machine but will be sure to take photos first...I cant wait!!! :yahoo: :wine: :mrgreen:

Jenna, i crossed with you...with your logistical sitaution, i would deffinatly take MORE than enough just incase...you dont want to get caught short...

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:25 pm

Right i will just chuck the rest of my cottontots and bamboozles in then and hope that they arent massive on the baba. Thats if i can fot any more in the bag, i need another bag lol

My avatar
lainey1978
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby lainey1978 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:28 pm

Are you having baby in Inverness? If you need me to wash things, get things etc for you I can. Especially if Sy not coming up the next day. I will probably be in the hospital anyway. Xx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat