hf1

We're now cd'ing in the day.but none of her clothes fit!

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

We're now cd'ing in the day.but none of her clothes fit!

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:06 am

I finally got the little lady into cloth for daytimes but now i'm facing another issue...she is a fairly big girl and now none of her clothes fit round her chunky bum!!!Her clothes are all hand downs from her older sister who is a very petite build and there's now way i can afford (or justify) to replace all her trousers to fit plus there's no way DH would let me...it's fine when we're staying in as our house is warm so she just wears leggings but what do i do to go out?!! Is there anything i can do to get her clothes to fit her?! HELP!

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: We're now cd'ing in the day.but none of her clothes fit!

Postby red_dwarf » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:43 am

Some ppl have to size up on the trousers to fit over a cloth bum im affraid. have you looked at asda as their clothes are fairley cheep

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:57 am

Supermarket clothes generally tend to come up bigger to accomodate cloth bums. You could always keep an eye on the classifieds on here for cheap pre-loved clothes or even frugi and the like which are specifically designed for cloth bums.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:04 am

I think most people go up a size. My dd has always been in the right size for her age but on the rare occasion that she wears a sposie, her trousers fall down around her ankles :giggle:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:05 am

monsterm wrote:I think most people go up a size. My dd has always been in the right size for her age but on the rare occasion that she wears a sposie, her trousers fall down around her ankles :giggle:

I get this too, I always think what the hell is wrong with his trousers and then I realise why :giggle:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:17 am

Up a size I m afraid or Frugi which are lovely and their sale on at the mo. Or dungarees are good or tights and skirts. Perhaps your older daughter had some skirts and dungarees in the next size up that you haven t got out yet?
Xxx

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:20 am

How old is she? You could try putting a request on the Treecycle or Wanted boards here for some FFP clothes (free for posting) to accommodate your LO's cloth bum. I'm pretty sure I have some outgrown girls stuff that would be going to the charity shop unless anyone wanted them.

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:16 pm

she is 14 months but well in 12-18 next jeans on loosest setting round the waist,even in a sposie,despite being a 50th centile baby! I would go up the size to 18-24 but her sister is 26 months and no-where near fitting in 2-3 yetso she is still in all of them (in fact if i'm honest she's only just gone into them about 3 months ago.lol).why the heck do they cut them so darn small?! The worst thing is if my average baby is only just fitting the jeans she has in a sposie then i can't imagine what you'd do if you had an above average baby?!!Will have to post on treecycle.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:33 pm

babiesgalore+1more wrote:she is 14 months but well in 12-18 next jeans on loosest setting round the waist,even in a sposie,despite being a 50th centile baby!

I find Next the worst for trousers I'm afraid. My DDs could never wear them when they were in cloth. (and they're not very big either). We just stuck with leggings, dresses and skirts when she wasn't wearing wool.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat