hf1

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry

Postby monsterm » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:01 am

I go spinning on a Monday evening @ 7. I normally have Amelie in bed before I go but last night we were running late & she hadn't had her dinner so I just got her ready for bed, gave her a breastfeed & left dh to give her the dinner & put her to bed.

When I got home, he said everything went well, except that she pooped so he had to change her nappy. Now we normally have a small packet of sposie hanging around for when dh has to change her & he is too lazy to put on a cloth but he'd used the last one & never told me so he had to figure out which cloth nappy to use by himself. I have them all ready in the drawer, liners & all in them so it's not that hard. He told me he just chose one of the thick ones (we only have BG & wool night nappies so I knew he was right) and put it on her but he'd dropped it when he took it out of the drawer so he hoped he put it back together right. I told him that as long as he put the liners on the top it would be grand & he said he had so I thought no more about it.

When I went up to bed, I went into A's room to check on her & as I was leaving something on the change mat caught my eye. It was the insert for the night nappy he had on her. It had fallen out of the nappy, he'd picked it up off the floor & somehow decided that it wasn't part of the nappy so he didn't need it :doh: :doh: :doh: I had to wake up a perfectly happy contented sleeping baby to change her nappy (he had no wool on her either btw) because there was no way the nappy was going to contain all the wee my super wetter produces. Gave her a feed & managed to settle her after nearly an hour but the whole thing upset her nights sleep & she woke up at half 2 with a full nappy so I had to change her & feed her again.

Could have killed him.

My avatar
Steph
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Didn't know whether to laugh or cry

Postby Steph » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:45 am

Grr men :hug:

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict