hf1

Fleece - I don't understand!

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Fleece - I don't understand!

Postby Bluebell » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:21 pm

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but I have a question about fleece.

How come fleece liners allow liquid through to the nappy and keep it away from the skin, whereas a fleece soaker doesn't allow the liquid out of the nappy and onto the clothes?

I don't understand it!

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Fleece - I don't understand!

Postby 50ftQueenie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:22 pm

Bluebell wrote:Not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but I have a question about fleece.

How come fleece liners allow liquid through to the nappy and keep it away from the skin, whereas a fleece soaker doesn't allow the liquid out of the nappy and onto the clothes?

I don't understand it!

Magic I tell you..... MAGIC! Um..... I don't know!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:40 pm

A fleece soaker usually has two layers in the wet zone, and when you put two layers of fleece together they repel liquid, while allowing the moisture to gradually evaporate :D

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:46 pm

50ftQueenie wrote:
Bluebell wrote:Not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but I have a question about fleece.

I don't understand it!

Magic I tell you..... MAGIC! Um..... I don't know!

:giggle:
Frances makes sense with her reply.
Have to say I love fleece, Gracie wear flongies or a soaker to bed most nights x

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:37 pm

Frances wrote:A fleece soaker usually has two layers in the wet zone, and when you put two layers of fleece together they repel liquid, while allowing the moisture to gradually evaporate :D

Aaaah that explains it! Thanks! Does that mean I should wear 2 fleece jackets when it's raining?! Oh... I could just wear a waterproof, or not go out :hohoho:

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:41 pm

50ftQueenie wrote:Magic I tell you..... MAGIC! Um..... I don't know!

:hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
sweetiepups
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sweetiepups » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:12 am

I didnt even know I didnt understand until iI read this thread....now I am just amazed! :wink:

Seriously magical fleecey qualities :thumbsup:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:21 am

Yes, what Frances said.

Fleece is really good for light wetters but not so much for heavy wetters as compression wicking can be a problem.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat