Pulling my hair out!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Pulling my hair out!

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:14 pm

:x

Kieren was in sposies while i was in hospital and tbh it was a nice break...we were having big leak problems with all his nappies...but this week i thought i would get him back into cloth...straight back to square one :roll:

Boosted bamboo little lambs with a thirsties PUL wrap...leaked through the wrap and soaked his clothes in 45 minutes!! Its a similar time with boosted goodmamas, boosted bamboozles, boosted HO day nappy, boosted bububebe's.
Boosted prefolds are wicking (edges of the wrap is getting wet maiking his clothes wet) within an hour :|

Im boosting everything with EP hemps becuase thats all I have...if i boost too heavily inside the nappy then it fits all wrong and if i boost too heavily outside the nappy (in the wrap) then we get leg gap on the wraps. I have tried thirsties wraps, ME airflows, econobum, rikkis and weehuggers...

I have changed his clothing 3 times today through leaky nappies (as in vest which are plenty big enough so i know there isnt a problem there and trousers).

Help :(

ETA he is no where near ready for potty trainning either so i dont think thats an option...
ETAA< we gave up wool a while ago becuase everything was a soggy mess within an hour or so...

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Pulling my hair out!

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:26 pm

:hug: :hug:

The only thing I can think of is using night nappies in the day as well

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:34 pm

That must be really frustrating :hug: you have had to change nappy tactics a few times now havent you?

Im not really sure what to suggest, i always find that Sposies leak more on Sandy.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:39 pm

Nappies by Minki were great - they held loads of boosting without gaping but they did become bulky so perhaps a night time option? Wool - did you ever try crochet, or knitting the Belladonna design night time pattern or even using a chunkier yarn - all 3 would be thicker than standard knitted aran and might do the trick over fitteds?

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:46 pm

Hugs. We're having problems with leaks too but i think ours is a leg gape issue. Hope u can work something out. Our dunk n fluffs still fit well but dh can't figure out ss poppers! We get builders bum with greenkids and bububebe now which had also been fine. It's so frustrating isn't it!

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:43 pm

Sounds to me as though the wraps might be getting too small? What weight / build is he vs wrap size?

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:55 pm

Agggggh, another nappy nightmare for you! Am not sure anything I suggest will be of any help but like the pp just said...could it be that he is outgrowing his wraps? Another thing that springs to mind is that has his fluid intake increased recently? Its wierd Tory because this past 2 weeks ethans drinking loads more...at least another whole cup of his water/very diluted juice every day and they are the same age which is what made me wonder. Also am gonna suggest something I am sure you have done a squillion times......have you stripped your nappies recently? (Its just a stab in the dark realy) not sure what else to suggest hun and I doubt you realy want to go out and spend more money on trying out different nappies/boosters yet again? We are having to change Ethan a lot more often now that he's drinking more but have found its been a bit better since I started putting him in his 18-24 month trousers because they are looser round the crotch area! Good luck hun :-)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Thanks girls...I dont think wraps are the issue...he has alot of room in his thirsties duo's and also the nappies are so sodden within that time frame that not alot would contain it...

Angie, i stripped all the nappies about a month ago when we first started having the problems. I like the idea of switching to night nappies but a)they will be so bulky under wraps/clothes and b)im not going to shell out to replace his whole stash with night nappies :-? NN's are expensive to begin with without having to have a whole stash of them for daytime use aswell :(

He is currently back in sposies...I have had my fill of 3 or 4 changes of clothes per day, plus wee'd on bedding from naps, plus a shed load of nappies from changing every hour or so :( Im making alot of work for myself and atm im just not up for it :( :cry:

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Then just have a little break hun and see how you feel when you get home and recovered after bubs has arrived. You might decide enough is enough and not go back to cloth for him! Then again you might give it a go again! I think if you are not feeling up to it then give yourself the break. I've had to occasionaly , I think a lot of us have! :-)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat