hf1

So I have .

My avatar
shellbean
Clothie
Clothie

So I have .

Postby shellbean » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:12 pm

20 micro Lollipop nappies with 3 small wraps and 3 medium wraps.

5 Natures babies bamboo nappies

4 Pop'n'n Gro onesize in Yellow

5 Tots Bots terry nappies in various colours with 1 wrap.

1 Bumgenius artist series onesize in Freespririt

2 Flip onesize covers with 6 stay dry inserts

1 small Itti Bitti snap in one in Chocolate

1 Thirsties Duo wrap in Blackbird.

2 handknitted soakers/ wraps one newborn one a bit bigger

I think I will need some more wraps but think I will wait until Bubble has arrived and we know what colours we can buy, getting a bit bored of unisex. But can anyone think of anything I will need desperately!

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: So I have .

Postby HighlandMum » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:21 pm

Do you plan to use liners at all? If so then you will need a roll of paper ones or some fleece ones :)

I would say you def need more wraps but i can understand you want to wait until you know the flavour!

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Washable wipes :wink:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Yes liners, wipes and a wet bag or two :wink:

My avatar
shellbean
Clothie
Clothie

Postby shellbean » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Oops forgot to mention I have a roll of Flushable liners, I have one wet bag which came with the pop n gro's along with a changing mat. I have 10 washable wipes and will be getting some more, mind you I will still have to use bog standard wipes as this is the one thing that I don't think I can get OH to budge on using.

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:48 pm

I used disposable wipes at first, but I found it a faff when I'm out and about as I have to find a separate place to put the dirty wipes. Instead with washable wipes, the lot just goes in the wet bag and in the machine.

Bizarely cloth nappies appeal to my inherent sense of laziness, to me dragging myself to Asda for nappies every week requires a hell of a lot more effort than it does to drag the nappy bucket to the machine and back.

My avatar
shellbean
Clothie
Clothie

Postby shellbean » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:00 pm

hermya wrote:I used disposable wipes at first, but I found it a faff when I'm out and about as I have to find a separate place to put the dirty wipes. Instead with washable wipes, the lot just goes in the wet bag and in the machine.

Bizarely cloth nappies appeal to my inherent sense of laziness, to me dragging myself to Asda for nappies every week requires a hell of a lot more effort than it does to drag the nappy bucket to the machine and back.

I have to say I'm not sure I'd remember to buy them when I was in the supermarket, I managed to forget washing up liquid on 3 separate visits last week. The thought of them just being here all ready when you need them is rather appealing and really buying cute cloth nappies is much more exciting shopping than buying disposables! I have bought one pack to take to hospital with me.

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:30 pm

hermya wrote:I used disposable wipes at first, but I found it a faff when I'm out and about as I have to find a separate place to put the dirty wipes. Instead with washable wipes, the lot just goes in the wet bag and in the machine.

Although I use washable wipes at home I don't whilst out (use disposables) because I like to just grab my bag & run! When you have 2 small Lo's its hard enough to get them ready to get out the door let alone having to pack a bag, :giggle: I pack my asap on my return to the house so its ready!

I do however just put the reusable wipes & paper liners in the wet bag with the nappy, unless soiled then it's in a nappy sack. When I get home the whole lot goes in the machine & I retrive the wipes & liners after the wash, they don't break up in the wash & its easier than separating while out or when putting in the machine.

:lol:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat