hf1

Have you kept/will you keep any nappies as keepsakes?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Have you kept/will you keep any nappies as keepsakes?

Postby megansmummy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Nope...I havnt got any of Megans nappies anymore...and I cant see my keepong any of Kierens either...i love the idea of a personalised nappy for bump and so i might get one and i would probably keep that one :)

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:38 pm

I have her first tiny lil pocket on her Teddy and I'll be keeping her personalized weenotion and possibly one more :D
Have just remembered another 2 I don't think I'll part with :giggle:
But I keep lil clothes and shoes etc too :D
Last edited by Sally on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
mummy2threeboys
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby mummy2threeboys » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:52 pm

I've kept Brandon's personalised nappy and will kept Ethan's too. I wish I kept Ethan's first nappy now but sold all his small nappies to fund bigger sizes.

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:58 pm

Neither of mine had personalised nappies, and all Connor's were preloved or boring prefolds so nothing worth keeping. I bought a Diddy Diaper for Finn, which although isn't anything special as a nappy is kind of special as it was bought just for him. And is very dinky. But I'd feel bad keeping one for Finn and not having something special to keep from Connor. I haven't got round to selling any nappies yet, even though Finn PT'd a good few months ago :oops:

My avatar
Dark Star Designs
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Dark Star Designs » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:24 pm

I've kept Edan's teeny tiny first Wee Notions which is black with a gorgeous red dragon embriodery on it.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:29 pm

I can't see myself keeping any nappies - like Annette I used to be a terrible hoarder but I've realised the amount of time and stress it takes up in my life so I'm now going to the other extreme. I am more likely to keep a couple of special outfits - like the first sleep suit she wore, and her first shoes. My Mum gave me a bag of my baby clothes when DD was born, but we haven't used any of them and now they are just cluttering up my house instead of hers, I can't really see the point in them having been in their loft for the past 32 years :roll:

Maybe if I'd got more into cloth early on then I would have kept some of the really little ones, but we never bought any small nappies.

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:58 pm

I think the only ones of Findlay's I will keep are his very first cloth nappy (a Nappies By Minki up to 5lb Teeni Preemi) and the WN pocket that I had embroidered with cat heads and my breeding prefix for him going to his very first cat show at 17 weeks old.

I love all his nappies but the others don't hold any 'special' memories iykwim.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:01 pm

clothmama wrote::wave: :wave: Hi you - long time no chat!! Hope things are going well in la belle France for you. Not sure if you have seen me mention but we are pretty sure we are going back now so hopefully we'll be just over the border into Brittany at the end of the year!

Sorry back on topic :oops: yes I have kept some nappies - I had a 'Louis' wee-notions ss pocket nappy I'll definitely keep and his first nappy which was a bimble with a ME rikki over the top (not sure if I'll use it on another baby even :oops: ). I'm still undecided about my gorgeous Flutterby Fluff nappy with embroidery by wee-notions pirate nappy, I got it in the last SS or NF I went in and it was used very little before he was out of nappies :cry: Seems a bit silly to keep it I guess and it is probably worth selling!

I know that nappy. And I know a little cloth bum that will only get bigger, should you decide to sell. ;)

Iris' personalised WN I've kept. I'll also order one for Callum. Everything else will go.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:12 pm

I have kept a personalised WN that I got in the very first nappy fairy I did here, it is from Nicola :D that is it.
I keep nothing at all, I don't see the point on keeping anyhing at all that doesn't get used :oops:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat