Dexter's coming out of cloth ;(

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Dexter's coming out of cloth ;(

Postby LilMrsAverage » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:43 pm

finally decided for sure over the last week

i cant get him to last longer than 2 hours at a complete push in a reusable its more normally an hour and under he just floods them.

Since Tabitha TBH its been a nightmare having him in cloth due to the frequency of changes so we very much switched to P/T just in the house during the day and sposies the rest of the time.

The last week he has done really well tellin me when he needs a wee and going in the potty ( abet standing up :roll: ) he won't sit on it at the moment but instead of telling me when he has poo'd the last couple of days he has started telling me before he goes

So I am going to hit the potty training even more this week and just keep a few of my fave fitteds and wool for now
:cry:

I am sad but its lifted a weight of my shoulders as it was stressing me out lots

at least I have a little thing in nappies :wink:

heres hoping he carries on as well as he has been doing with the potty - it really came out of the blue but he seems ready

its like the end of an era

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Dexter's coming out of cloth ;(

Postby laceybat » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:54 pm

:hug: and i hope it goes well

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:55 pm

:wine: to Dexter pt'ing. Steven did the same always weeing standing up, but I thought it was easier than teaching him sitting down then telling him he had to stand as I didn't want to confuse him :D

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:56 pm

:hug: Its a change thats looming here in the Burn household too hun...as you know...well done for getting this far and Well done Dexter for having an interest in PT'ing!! :wine:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:38 pm

Well Done Dexter! :wine:

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:49 pm

Ethans started telling me for a while when he does a wee Or a pooh but today for the first time he told me before he did it (and he tried to take me to the toilet bless him!) To be honest I thought he was a bit young to PT at just 20 months but now hearing a few of you are going through the same thing I am beginning to wonder if I should get him a potty this week and see how he goes! I was prepaired and looking forward to having 2 in cloth so I feel a little sad now! Lol x

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:08 pm

angiepangie2809 wrote:Ethans started telling me for a while when he does a wee Or a pooh but today for the first time he told me before he did it (and he tried to take me to the toilet bless him!) To be honest I thought he was a bit young to PT at just 20 months but now hearing a few of you are going through the same thing I am beginning to wonder if I should get him a potty this week and see how he goes! I was prepaired and looking forward to having 2 in cloth so I feel a little sad now! Lol x

mine was a surprise he had always had the potty around from about 14 months kicking about the house and he occasionally used it in the bathroom before a bath he'd start weeing and we'd grab it and put it under the flow so to speak...

the other day when changing his nappy he made him self wee on me :roll: when I told him to stop he did and then laughed and started again so I realised he has really good control thats when we decided to offer him the potty

if he is off playing he will forget and just go but when I say he can normally stop himself and get to the potty.

I would say go for it and see what happens at worse he stays in cloth :wine: lol

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Well done Dexter! :babyroll: :hug: for you though but at least you can still buy lots of yummy girly fluff and wool :wink:

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:13 pm

we're going for it this thursday, as i'll have five days at home in a row with pippa, and her tummy upset seems to have passed now, am ever so slightly sad and nervous at the thought but i know she's ready :wine: :wine: :wine: well done to dex so far though
xx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat