hf1

Having trouble converting OH to cloth nappies!

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Having trouble converting OH to cloth nappies!

Postby Tara84 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:08 am

Luckily my DP didn't take much convincing at all, especially as he stays home with the kids whilst I work full time so he does most of the nappy changes.
I just explained all the benefits to him, cost was a big one that he liked plus not having all those chemicals next to their skin. He loves cloth now and wouldn't put a disposible on DD even if he had the choice, his mum bought a pack of disposibles to keep round her house for when we visit or if she's watching them for a couple of hours for us and DP told her quite firmly that if she put a disposible on DD he would not be happy :hohoho:
He's also got quite knowledgable about them now, knows the difference between fitteds and pockets and AIO's, is a dab hand with a nippa(in fact he's better than me :oops: )and loves telling people how fab cloth nappies are.

I agree with the previous poster, with twins the cost for disposibles will be huge so I'd keep telling him how much you'll save by using cloth, good luck with convincing him :wine:

My avatar
twinny11
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby twinny11 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:17 am

:giggle:

I know I was surprised when I showed him a fitted and a nippa that he seemed to like that and had a go, I thought he would be more impressed with the AIOs but as my mum pointed out, the nippa is a gadget so naturally he took to it! :giggle:

Some more of my stash arrived today, some prefolds and a couple more wraps, i've gone and got mostly little lamb wraps which I hope i'm not going to regret as i've read a lot of bad reviews about them :-? they just looked to be the smallest, trimmest option to get a good fit on little babies.

25+3 today! won't be long and i'll be able to try them out properly!!
:babyroll: :babyroll:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:23 am

The smallest wraps ive got so far are xs thirsties

My avatar
twinny11
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby twinny11 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:30 am

red_dwarf wrote:The smallest wraps ive got so far are xs thirsties

trying to find some through nappy swappers so I can try these :)

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:03 pm

I found that the tots size 0 and Motherease XS were brilliant on my DS when he was born, they went well over my itty fitteds then.

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:42 am

I had a big job convincing Hubby too. I bought bgs because they seemed simple enough for no fuss changes. The make it simple idea worked and after couple of weeks he loved them.

I keep a Hubby pile so he doesn't get confused and not use fitteds with no wrap.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat