Learning to walk in cloth.

My avatar
beaubelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Learning to walk in cloth.

Postby beaubelle » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Hi ladies,
I have ds in both pockets and fitteds and lately I have felt a bit guilty cos I worry that they might be impeding his movement...he started to crawl at 10 months when we were on holiday and I had him in sposies and at night when he's in his night nappy which is a sposie he is much more mobile. I just was wondering how your little ones have dealt with a chunkier bum when it comes to walking? Ds has just turned 1 so he has still got loads of time, and he's coasting and crawling around everywhere but my family already think I'm bonkers for using cloth, so I just need some reassurance!

Also, ds has become so wiggly at nappy changes.. Any ideas how to distract him?! Tried giving him his 'bold' things like keys, remotes etc. But he's so strong now and difficult to 'restrain'!!!! Fitteds are breaking my heart atm though they suit him better...

Anyway, thanks for reading!

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Learning to walk in cloth.

Postby ladybird » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:23 pm

He'll be fine, they all get there in their own time. Linford Christie would have worn cloth ;) And cloth is more padding for the bumps when they fall too.

As for wriggling, we used to put a book or toy on the sofa, baby standing on the floor and we'd change them standing up like that. If we changed lying down then we'd use a forearm to 'pin' still whilst using both hands to change. Tricky though.

My avatar
babylovesdisco
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby babylovesdisco » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:26 pm

hi
my son (cloth day & night from birth) walked at just under 10 months so dont fret.... 8-)

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:31 pm

ryan was in cloth when he stared to cruse and he started just before 10 mouths

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:28 pm

:wave: For difficult changes lay them sideways in front of you, and put your leg in a sort of arch over there body so that your not actually resting it on them! I do it so there head is on my left side & use my left leg, leaving me hands free to change them. This just stops them from feeling free to move.

Hope this help :lol:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Did you mean to post this in the fat fighters club? :lol:

My avatar
Steph
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Steph » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:15 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Did you mean to post this in the fat fighters club? :lol:

I just thought that too :giggle: Anyway my dd was cloth bummed from birth and walked at 10 months, I don't think cloth has anything to do with it. My ds 3 and ds4 were both 15 months before they walked and they weren't in cloth.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:37 pm

Steph wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:Did you mean to post this in the fat fighters club? :lol:

I just thought that too :giggle: Anyway my dd was cloth bummed from birth and walked at 10 months, I don't think cloth has anything to do with it. My ds 3 and ds4 were both 15 months before they walked and they weren't in cloth.

Me too - I think it needs moving :giggle:

DD was cloth bummed from 2 weeks old - she didn't roll until 7 months, crawled at 9 and then walked at 13 months - but I have friends with cloth bummed babies and sposies babies, and the age range has varied greatly, regardless of what type of nappy they use. I agree that it cushions the fall too - DD never once cried when learning to walk or cruse as if she fell down she just got a big squidge and then stood up again :giggle:

The only thing I find strange is how skinny she looks when she walks naked down the landing for bath time with Daddy - without her nappy on her bum looks so diddy!

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:08 pm

my Dd was cloth bummed from 4 months and walked at 10 months. Ds 2 was in cloth from 2 days and didn't walk til 15.5 months. My disposable wearing first was 12 months.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat