hf1

Learning to walk in cloth.

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Learning to walk in cloth.

Postby Miranda » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:12 am

Nappy type has nothing to do with age at which baby walks.

Cloth can do a couple of good things
1) support the hip joint in a good frog-like position when baby is younger, which means correct alignment of hips, helping tendons and muscles too, perhaps giving better strength when walking is first attmepted.
2) all that air inside provides a superior cushion for landing when attempting to walk.

3) Cloth can be bulkier than a naked baby/disposable nappy, and therefore can be a slight deterrent for a day or two to your baby when progressing to rolling. This is handy you will discover after the event, when your previously immobile infant was safe to be left on the floor while you went to the loo....it won't delay the walking though, now they will follow you to the loo!

My avatar
beaubelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby beaubelle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:15 am

Oooooops.....don't know how I posted in fat fighters... I wasn't even browsing there!!! Thanks for all the replies ladies.xxx

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:17 am

DD has been cloth bummed pretty much from birth and she started walking a couple of days after her first birthday, DS was in disposibles and he walked on his birthday so no difference between mine.
Cloth nappies are great when they're still at the wobbly stage for padding their bum, just after she started walking DD fell on her bum just after she'd got out the bath(so no nappy) and promptly burst in to tears bless her, it was a bit of a shock after having a nice squishy nappy to pad her bum out the others times she'd gone bump

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:21 am

my cloth baby walked at 10months,my sposie baby at 18months...some babies are just a bit more 'lazy' then others.lol.i've found with my 3 that i either get a 'talker' or a 'walker' but the other usually follows not far behind...my 'walker baby' didn't attempt a word until 20 month apart from the usual babbling because she could do everything herself, my 'talker baby' could string a sentence by 15 months and so didn't walk for another 3 cos he could ask for eveything. My youngest (cloth) is more of a talker and at 14 months she is only just starting to let go of things and stand alone and is nowhere near attempting a step. I'm not worried yet, i don't know any adults who've never learnt to walk!

My avatar
sezzlebum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sezzlebum » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:25 pm

I used to think exactly the same, but she walked at 9 months, i was quite sad really, she did everything so fast :(

all bubbas are different, LO will do it when their ready :hug:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat