hf1

Have I just got a very high-rise boy?

My avatar
Fliblet
Clothie
Clothie

Have I just got a very high-rise boy?

Postby Fliblet » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:57 pm

We've had a break from cloth for various reasons, and I'm just starting to think about getting back into it. To that end, I've bought a couple of Tots Bots Stretchies and a Thirsties Duo Wrap, both size 2. I've put them on him today and they seem to fit perfectly. Which would be fine if he was 2 years old, but he's 7 months and not yet 20lb!! I haven't had to popper either the nappy or the wrap down. Have I just got him wearing them too high? They're sitting just below his navel. I would think that if I did popper the nappy down, the legs might be too tight, but I haven't tried yet...

Just wondering what we're going to do as he grows more! Am I putting them on wrong, or have I just got a very high-rise boy??? :shock:

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Have I just got a very high-rise boy?

Postby chocmuffin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:05 pm

:wave: I don't have any answers but my DS is just the same :wave: Hes been wearing the same size nappies & wraps as his sister who's just turned 2 on the same settings for a couple of mths now. I'm thinking he'll end up in size 3/XL/toddler nappies before he PT's :roll:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:42 pm

:giggle: You may have but guess you'll need to have a little play around and try different settings to see how the fit is. I have tall boys and tots bots didn't fit DS1 when he was 16 months old. DS2 needs a high rise nappy now but when he was that age (he was heavy too), nappies fitted him fine. :D

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:58 pm

I have the same problem with mine dd has been wearing her btp pop ins on highest setting since she was 3 months :shock: And she has been wearing size 2 for ages, I found that WN pockets are very low on her but look lovely :oops: . Does he have big thighs? I think that makes a difference too.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:42 pm

i started dd in size 2 duo wraps when she was about 7 months... unpoppered if she had an original bamboozle on, poppered down if she had a dnf or prefold on. my problem is that her waist is still too tiny even with the tabs crossed right over. now she's 10 months, and i need to have them unpoppered for virtually everything or else the nappy pokes out the top. they're wraps that i really like, but i don't think the rise is that generous.

My avatar
Fliblet
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Fliblet » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:53 pm

He does indeed have big thighs - rolls on rolls! :D

I've tried it with both nappy and wrap poppered down once this afternoon. It was a bit hipsterish but actually made the nappy more slim-fitting, so I'll see how it goes...

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Once he starts oving around more he'll prob thin down in the thigh area & that might make things a little easier :wink:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:34 pm

Jake's the same. I've recently bought some Goodmamas and Bububebes (which are supposedly one size nappies) and he wears them fully unpoppered in the rise. He also wears Easyfits on the middle rise setting which some others were saying their much older children used.

Jake is quite big though. He's about 22lb at 7 months.

My avatar
Fliblet
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Fliblet » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:15 pm

The verdict on the poppered down version is that he ended up with red marks on his thighs, so I think we'll have to stick to the fully extended version! Just hope he doesn't get too much longer in the bum! :D

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat