hf1

Nursery/ childminder nappies

My avatar
mineemo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Nursery/ childminder nappies

Postby mineemo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:11 pm

Hi, just thinkin ahead really as have applied for a job that if i get could be startin march/april time and ds will be goin to a childminder mon - fri, if dont get the job then will be at college in sept and ds will be at nursery. Just wondered what nappies u all use to send to nursery/childminders etc, and what do u put in them as inserts etc etc. Thanks Natalie x

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Nursery/ childminder nappies

Postby emmalala » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:16 pm

Fuzzi bunz. :)

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:42 pm

:wave: I think most people tend to use pockets for childcare because they are more simple to use. However I'm a childminder & would be happy with anything cloth :D I hate putting sposies on minded children :roll:

Personally I'd wait till you have your childcare sorted & ask them, you may find they've used them before & can tell you what they like!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:46 pm

We use pockets 100% of the time at home so we just send BG's or WNOS. The Nursery have experience of fitted with wraps though and lets be honest, nappies are not difficult!

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:31 pm

Fitteds and either fleece flongies or interlock soakers under trousers/tights and dresses... We've not had any problems, Faye is the first child for all 3 of the girls caring for her who has been sent in cloth and they've caught on pretty quick :D

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:48 pm

We send BG's. Our CM took a little while to get used to them, but didnt object at all, she calls them natural nappies!!!

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:16 pm

I just send whichever ones I reach for first really, I usually try to send a couple of fitteds and a couple of pockets/AIOs. DD's childminder has used cloth on her own children though - in fact I think she used to use terries (she had no idea you could get all these pretty patterned ones until she saw DD's so I think I may have started an addiction there - oops lol) so they don't really bother her.

However my family seem to find them quite difficult so if any of them are looking after DD I try to send aplix pockets/AIOs as much as poss, or if I have to send poppers then I try to send front snapping ones rather than side snaps.

Rach xx

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:58 pm

We sent ME sandys with airflow wraps to nursery and no problems in any of the 3 rooms he's been in.

Yvette x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat