My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Night Nappy Help

Postby Louise » Sat May 31, 2008 6:47 pm

Ryan keeps getting terrible eczema in the nappy area. At the moment its waking him at least twice a night. :( It originally started on the inside of his legs. I thought it was because he was wearing wool shorties so switched to wool and fleece wraps instead. But now he has eczema all around the nappy area. I used a few disps I had lying around and it cleared up but I don't really want to resort to them permanently. I have tried stripping all the nappies with no luck. I have also tried leaving him with no nappy but we keep having accidents. Anyone got any ideas that I can try to help relieve the problem?

TIA

Louise x

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Night Nappy Help

Postby babyroo » Sat May 31, 2008 6:52 pm

I found that Katie would get rubbed patches on the inside of her thighs if the nappy got too wet and the weight pulled it down.

I can't remember what I did - I guess adding boosting not between the legs so it can absorb without oulling down iyswim? Wool should help as it will let some of the wee out so shouldn't be as heavy.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:44 pm

N0t sure but I h0pe y0u can find a s0luti0n. P00r Ryan.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:45 pm

If it's all over the nappy area could he be allergic to fleece? :?

What nappies do you use for night?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:58 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone. We use fleece lined night notions. I guess he could have suddenly developed an allergy to fleece but we have always used it. I might buy one with a different inner and see if that helps.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat