hf1

Gah!! Thinking I might have to sell all my popper pockets

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Gah!! Thinking I might have to sell all my popper pockets

Postby anya1973 » Sat May 31, 2008 7:54 pm

Stupid hands are getting so sore and stiff at the moment that I'm struggling to fasten popper nappies. :( :roll:

I have fibromyalgia (a form of rheumatism) and my wrists and hands/fingers are getting so sore and stiff I can't fasten Cole's nappies very easily. :cry:

I never used popper nappies with my DD as I didn't like how fiddly they were. I always had aplix nappies. But this time round I thought I'd give poppers another go as they are trimmer than aplix nappies usually.

I've got oodles of popper nappies and was getting on well with them but my fibro has flared up so badly at the moment I can barely fasten the two sides of the poppers together. Add to that a wriggly strong baby and it's a recipe for disaster. :evil:

Oh blast! Thought I had it all sussed.

So, ladies, can you recommend me some aplix fastening nappies - preferrably sized rather than one-size although might consider one-size at a push.

I like WAHM nappies - like to support as many as I can. :lol: :lol: Already have and am getting more Funky Nappies - they fit Cole really well and I find them easy to fasten.

Toying with the idea of minkis but am wondering if fleece ones will be too bulky for daytime. He's a big lad already and wears 6-9 month trousers over his cloth bums.

I like Minkee, velboa, lycra or PUL too. No cotton outers as he's a reasonably heavy wetter.

Any ideas? Recommendations? Ones to avoid?

Feeling a bit down about it as I don't want to stop using cloth but am a bit miffed that I bought all these popper nappies and was getting on so well with them. :roll:

Oh well, any excuse for buying more nappies..... :lol:

Helen xx

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Gah!! Thinking I might have to sell all my popper pockets

Postby Pinchette » Sat May 31, 2008 9:37 pm

>:D< >:D< >:D<
Bumgenius are great but they are birth to potty.
My all time favorite pockets with aplix are upsy daisy nappies and funky nappies - both on mumzmall or it wahm dot co dot uk now?
Minkies are great but bulky for daytime.
I absolutely adore greenkids, but again they're Birth to potty...but their insert/boosters combos are just the best.
wambamboos and tots bots are other aplix that spring to mind.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Sat May 31, 2008 11:37 pm

The only sized velcro I can think of at the moment are Happy Heiny's, One sized ones are Green Kids and the new OS Weenotions :D

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:09 am

Baby idea pockets are sized and velcro - and lovely and soft on the outside!

And boooo hissssssss to problems meaning you can't use poppers >:D<

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:26 am

>:D< >:D< >:D<

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:31 am

>:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< you have had lots of nappy suggestions already

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:55 am

>:D< >:D<
The only other one i can think of that has'nt been mentioned are the drybees pockets, they are sized ones.

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:47 am

Have you got side snap pockets? If so have you tried using them as pull ups? My not work but worth a go :wink:

I could always use my old front fastening patterns to make you some sized TouchTape fastening ones if you wanted, but my waiting time at the mo is about 2 weeks :oops:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat