hf1

How many will i need, please

My avatar
donna4
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

How many will i need, please

Postby donna4 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:47 am

hi ladies iv already started on my bumps stash but how many of each do i need? i have some xs, small, mediums (only a few) then btp nappys.
iv got plenty of time to get some more btp but how many smalls and meiums will i need please? i will wash every other day as when baby comes there will be 5 children so want one day off from washing nappys lol
thankyou for any advice :hug:

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: How many will i need, please

Postby angelsquidge » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:58 am

Don't invest too much in lots of xs and s nappies.....Grub had grown out of newborn sized ones by 3 weeks and smalls by 5 weeks (he was 7lbs 12oz born so not a massive baby either). If you can find some going cheap on the classifieds then get more but I wouldn't spend too much on the smaller sizes.

Mediums I'd have more of as they're going to last baby for longer.

It also depends on how often you're going to wash them...if it's every other day then I'd say 10-15 nappies is more than enough.

You can use things like muslins in the early days too :)

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:54 am

When Mo was first born we had about 18 size 1s. They lastest till she was about 10 months if I remember rightly.

I would probably go for a few more smalls, skip the mediums, and then go straight to the btp, as most fit nicely from about 8/9lbs.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:10 am

it also depends what type of smalls/xs you've got and how you plan on drying them. For ds we only had bamboo tots nappies, and only dried on the line/indoors so often would take more than a day to dry. we had 15 but at times were running short (esp in winter) so had to stick on the radiatiors. if you're tumbling then there would be no problem with that many.

if you're talking small pocket nappies then the outers dry in no time, and it depends on what the inserts are made of -microfibre dry quickly but other inserts would take longer.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:16 am

My newborns go through 8-10 nappies a day, we mainly use fitteds and don't have a tumble drier. I was washing every night when I had 2 in cloth and we had about 25 nappies which was just about enough. I am not planning on washing as often this time around so have a lot more although it is probably far more than I need :oops: :lol: I would definitely get some muslins and/or terries to bulk out your stash as they dry very quickly.

My avatar
donna4
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby donna4 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Thankyou all for your advice, all my nappies have been from here and the most iv had to spend is £7 all in which I thought was good, I love bg's and they will be my main part of bumps stash they are just so easy and get scared by the others lol. Will get some more smalls I think then just go mad on bg's btp, thankyou again xxx

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:57 pm

I used bg's on my boy from about 8 weeks old and he was 8lb2 when born and they fitted lovely. I never had any sized nappies when he was really little I cheated and used disposables :cool: since I had no idea what to do with a baby he he.

Altho' I do love little lambs as well and used them from about 10 weeks with him the size 1 lasted ages and he can still fit nicely in his size 2.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat