hf1

Leaking through everything! What to do.

My avatar
chocolatemousse
Clothie
Clothie

Leaking through everything! What to do.

Postby chocolatemousse » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:41 pm

DD is 17 months. We've been using Pop-ins and also Swaddlebees prefolds inside Weehuggers and Flip covers. We've been getting leaks after a couple of hours no matter what we use lately. I'm fed up of changing soppy clothes!

I've tried strip washing to no avail and I really don't want to spend loads if I can avoid it as I don't plan on having any more children but I won't switch to disposables.

Apart from what I've listed above we have 2 BG v3s and a few terries. Wrap-wise I only have one Thirsties and 2 Airflows which I hate :oops: I also bought an Easyfit today in Tesco to try.

How can we make this work? It's driving me a bit crazy. Help!

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Leaking through everything! What to do.

Postby sjm » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:51 pm

we add a little lamb bamboo booster to all our nappies they are really good for heavy wetters

My avatar
chocolatemousse
Clothie
Clothie

Postby chocolatemousse » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:53 pm

sjm wrote:we add a little lamb bamboo booster to all our nappies they are really good for heavy wetters

Ah I think I might have a couple of those. Are they quite thin?

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:56 pm

yes we find them slim enought to fit all our nappies without making them to bulky

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:52 pm

What are the prefolds made of? Bamboo is more absorbant than cotton so could it be that? Also, as little one's get older they hold onto wee for longer then do a huge one which can flood a nappy. DS2 is a heavy wetter and we get 2-3 hours out of a pocket nappy stuffed with a bamboo insert and a hemp booster.

You may need to just add a bamboo or hemp booster.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:01 pm

To be honest we didn't find popins that good, they leaked loads for us where a good old blueberry onesize pocket with a hemp and bamboo insert worked fine...

My avatar
chocolatemousse
Clothie
Clothie

Postby chocolatemousse » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:17 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:To be honest we didn't find popins that good, they leaked loads for us where a good old blueberry onesize pocket with a hemp and bamboo insert worked fine...

They have served us well for a long time and her older sister wore them too. I had wondered if they'd worn out given they've been used for about 2 solid years now. :-?

Would a hemp or bamboo booster be slimmer?

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Can you pop them in the tumble drier for 10 min to see if the PUL needs resealing? The pop-ins were our lifesaver when Natalie started power weeing through bumGenius, and they served us really well with Ryan until he got too big for them 2 months ago.. :oops: Found them really good for containing leaks, unless left on too long.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:20 pm

Are the inserts/ prefolds soaking wet when you remove them or have they leaked first before being saturated?
It's just that both my dd are forward weeing IYSWIM so the absorbency has to be at the front ( boy style I suppose). I find if I use any pocketing normal position they leak but the back is bone dry! But if I fold an insert over or 'boy fold' a prefold we Re ok.

I do remember those flooding wees as my oldest got older too. So as the others have said a bit of boosting in the right place might help too.

I hope you re able to find a solution. :)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat